Film-Tech Cinema Systems
Film-Tech Forum ARCHIVE

my profile | my password | search | faq & rules | forum home
  next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Film-Tech Forum ARCHIVE   » Operations   » Film Handlers' Forum   » DTS Discs needed for MARY POPPINS and others

Author Topic: DTS Discs needed for MARY POPPINS and others
Jock Blakley
Expert Film Handler

- posted 12-04-2011 06:09 PM      Profile for Jock Blakley   Email Jock Blakley   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Hi all,

I hope this isn't prohibited but I can't find anything to that effect with searches - and checking with the distributor has already not checked out.

We're a rep cinema in Melbourne that occasionally ends up with DTS-only prints with long-lost discs, or in the case of this print of MARY POPPINS, there weren't any discs in the country in the first place (or so we were apparently told). We're showing it on the first of January, but it's a bit of a regular.

Given the only alternative is a pretty beaten-up SVA track, it'd be really helpful if somebody could spare us a set of discs, or dupes or ISOs thereof if that's permissible.

As for the others, we might be showing original prints of JURASSIC PARK and HEAVEN AND EARTH in the future - and six-track discs for them would be equally appreciated, but they're of less importance right now.

Naturally we'd pay for shipping, and/or you can name first-run or more recent titles and we've probably got the discs for it in the pile-of-discs-for-films-we're-never-going-to-show-and-even-if-we-did-we'd-show-it-in-SR*D.

Thanks all.

|  IP: Logged

Chris Slycord
Film God

- posted 12-04-2011 06:52 PM      Profile for Chris Slycord   Email Chris Slycord   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Shoot a PM to member Brian Shulz. Although he might pipe in here before you get this since he keeps an eye out for these things on here.

Jesse Skeen
Phenomenal Film Handler

- posted 12-04-2011 08:03 PM      Profile for Jesse Skeen   Email Jesse Skeen   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
DTS stands for Do They Ship? I never heard of any recent re-release of Mary Poppins.

Daniel Schulz
Master Film Handler

- posted 12-04-2011 09:10 PM      Profile for Daniel Schulz   Author's Homepage   Email Daniel Schulz   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Hi Jock,

Shoot me a PM or email and we'd be happy to make the necessary arrangements.

Cheers,

Daniel Schulz

Daniel Schulz
Master Film Handler

- posted 12-05-2011 04:22 PM      Profile for Daniel Schulz   Author's Homepage   Email Daniel Schulz   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
As a follow up on this, it turns out there are no discs for Mary Poppins. Disney shot timecode on the tracks for a subtitling project, but never had a 5.1 soundtrack done theatrically.

Jock Blakley
Expert Film Handler

- posted 12-05-2011 07:16 PM      Profile for Jock Blakley   Email Jock Blakley   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Ah, and I've just sent Daniel a PM. Bit of a pity, the analogue track is not in the best condition but we'll manage.

Jesse: DTS distribution seems to work differently down under. Discs never come with prints (although the 70mm print of TITANIC has the Amaray case shoved in with reel 2)

Thanks for the help, all.

All times are Central (GMT -6:00)  
   Close Topic    Move Topic    Delete Topic    next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To: