Film-Tech Cinema Systems
Film-Tech Forum ARCHIVE

my profile | my password | search | faq & rules | forum home
  next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Film-Tech Forum ARCHIVE   » Operations   » Film Handlers' Forum   » Kinoton dowser problem

Author Topic: Kinoton dowser problem
Matthew Taylor
Expert Film Handler

- posted 11-07-2011 11:21 AM      Profile for Matthew Taylor   Email Matthew Taylor   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
I have a friend running an FP30D. He seems to have an intermitent problem with the dowser not operating at all, not even trying to move. I went there to try and fix the problem. I measured 16v across the supply to the 24v solenoid. This persisted for a while and then suddenly we were getting 24v again and the dowser operated fine.
Is there any obvious known fault with these machines before I trace all the wiring back to the supply?

BTW the auto turret and everything else that is 24v is working fine, suggesting it's not a problem with the PSU.

|  IP: Logged

Tony Bandiera Jr
Film God

- posted 11-07-2011 12:32 PM      Profile for Tony Bandiera Jr   Email Tony Bandiera Jr   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
The problem is with the crappy relays Kinoton uses for that and the speed controls.

Try swapping the relays from the turret with those that fire the dowser. (I don't remember which card those relays are on offhand, I can check on Thurs. when I go back to UCI.) Email me Weds. as a reminder to get that info for you if you need it.

And contact your dealer or an electronics supply and get replacements for those relays on-hand.

|  IP: Logged

All times are Central (GMT -6:00)  
   Close Topic    Move Topic    Delete Topic    next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To: