Film-Tech Cinema Systems
Film-Tech Forum ARCHIVE

my profile | my password | search | faq & rules | forum home
  next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Film-Tech Forum ARCHIVE   » Operations   » Film Handlers' Forum   » Univ Cinematic P-750

Author Topic: Univ Cinematic P-750
Steven Wold
Film Handler

- posted 10-05-2011 05:12 PM      Profile for Steven Wold   Email Steven Wold   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
I have come accross an old Cinematic P-750 and was wondering if anyone had any information of it, manuals, part supplies, etc... I need a couple parts for it thatI know... but any links or such would be helpful.

Thanks!

Steve

|  IP: Logged

Steven Wold
Film Handler

- posted 10-07-2011 10:23 AM      Profile for Steven Wold   Email Steven Wold   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Looks like all It would need now would be a new drive belt.. though I wonder where I would get one that size... hmm...

Mark Gulbrandsen
Resident Trollmaster

- posted 10-07-2011 11:04 AM      Profile for Mark Gulbrandsen   Email Mark Gulbrandsen   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Steve... those were very rare and only a dozen or so were ever sold here in the states. Please post some pictures of it when you can. It's very unique and many film people here would love to see it.

Mark

Steven Wold
Film Handler

- posted 10-07-2011 09:11 PM      Profile for Steven Wold   Email Steven Wold   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
I use this for image hosting at times... check this link.

http://www.auctiva.com/hostedimages/showimage.aspx?gid=103 0833&image=490717753&images=490717753,490717782,490717800,490717828,490717841,490717867,490717883&formats=0,0,0,0,0,0,0&format=0

I have two of them... one needs work, while the other is being rebuilt with parts salvaged off the bad one I have. I dont know how I ended up with two, but I did.

Lindsay Morris
Expert Film Handler

- posted 10-08-2011 01:39 AM      Profile for Lindsay Morris   Email Lindsay Morris   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Steve,

If I am looking at the correct pictures you posted in that link your machine bears a striking similarity to the Bell & Howell Std 8mm Model 606H.
Minor difference re the switching which on the B&H is on the neck of the base and the others are the fan gauze on the end of the motor and the Still Frame/Run lever on the B& H is a flip over lever unit.
You might be able to score some parts from a B & H 606 that might fit but I dont know about belts as the B&H used a series of gears in the arms and was a direct drive from the motor to the gearbox.../so NO belts that I know of.

Steven Wold
Film Handler

- posted 10-08-2011 07:15 PM      Profile for Steven Wold   Email Steven Wold   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Yea... looked it up... seem ssimilar.. the belt I need is in the motor section... I am not sure how it would work to operate the gears in the projector... I will post some pictures of the inners on the one I have in peices. But I need to look at it more to see how it effects the rest of the operation... It may only be for that "fan" assembly on it.

Steven Wold
Film Handler

- posted 10-14-2011 11:06 PM      Profile for Steven Wold   Email Steven Wold   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
I have got it working... Its great. Now, I just need to find something to show with it. and for its age, it works well.

Mallory Olson
Film Handler

- posted 06-26-2012 01:11 AM      Profile for Mallory Olson   Email Mallory Olson   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
 -

Jim Henk
Master Film Handler

- posted 06-26-2012 01:39 AM      Profile for Jim Henk   Email Jim Henk   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
quote: Mark Gulbrandsen
Steve... those were very rare and only a dozen or so were ever sold here in the states.
Really? I have a friend who has one, and asked me about selling it about six months ago. Don't think she ever did. Does anybody here want one? No promises, but I could ask...

Mallory Olson
Film Handler

- posted 06-26-2012 01:57 AM      Profile for Mallory Olson   Email Mallory Olson   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
I'm selling mine if anyone is interested.

All times are Central (GMT -6:00)  
   Close Topic    Move Topic    Delete Topic    next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To: