Film-Tech Cinema Systems
Film-Tech Forum ARCHIVE

my profile | my password | search | faq & rules | forum home
  next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Film-Tech Forum ARCHIVE   » Operations   » Film Handlers' Forum   » Kelmar changeover on a BX-60?

Author Topic: Kelmar changeover on a BX-60?
Brian Warner
Film Handler

- posted 09-26-2011 02:50 PM      Profile for Brian Warner   Email Brian Warner   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Has anyone done this?

I believe it is a BX-60. Might be an 80. Single-blade shutter.
Right now I have old Weaver C/O's connected to the original Essanay c/o mounting, after the Essanay solenoids burned out.

Help!

|  IP: Logged

Mark Gulbrandsen
Resident Trollmaster

- posted 09-26-2011 04:19 PM      Profile for Mark Gulbrandsen   Email Mark Gulbrandsen   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Hopefully is is a BX-60! The 80's are scrap once the cone shaped fiber shutter drive gear fails. You can certainly mount it in anything you want to mount it on. It will require a bit of work and determining which of the holes the rod needs to fit into for obtaining the proper travel. If a hole doesn't exist that works then you can certainly drill another one. Cut the width of the C\O blade down to fit the brenkert rails. I've adapted them to DP-70, Century C and several others over the years.

Mark

Brian Warner
Film Handler

- posted 09-27-2011 02:42 PM      Profile for Brian Warner   Email Brian Warner   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
That makes sense. We did have a problem with a fiber drive gear, which was replaced. Thankfully it's only happened once, since those are probably rare these days...

I appreciate the reply! -B

Mark Gulbrandsen
Resident Trollmaster

- posted 09-29-2011 10:00 AM      Profile for Mark Gulbrandsen   Email Mark Gulbrandsen   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Well, if it was a new fiber Wolk gear it also won't last very long... The only gears that will last are the originals. Good luck with it at any rate. Also, with the glut of removed equipment you could probably pick up an entire projector cheaper than you can buy the kelmar change over for...

Mark

Louis Bornwasser
Film God

- posted 10-08-2011 11:36 PM      Profile for Louis Bornwasser   Author's Homepage   Email Louis Bornwasser   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Lots of truth in this. Louis

All times are Central (GMT -6:00)  
   Close Topic    Move Topic    Delete Topic    next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To: