Film-Tech Cinema Systems
Film-Tech Forum ARCHIVE

my profile | my password | search | faq & rules | forum home
  next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Film-Tech Forum ARCHIVE   » Operations   » Film Handlers' Forum   » DATASAT AP20

Author Topic: DATASAT AP20
V.V.Tushit Vijay
Film Handler

- posted 09-05-2011 11:12 PM      Profile for V.V.Tushit Vijay   Email V.V.Tushit Vijay   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Hai All,
Long time to see you all. And is there any one here installed the AP20 cinema processor. And did you fell the audio diff for other one and this processor.
doing DIRAC and manual Eq is there any diff..

|  IP: Logged

Richard Orsak
Film Handler

- posted 09-07-2011 04:25 PM      Profile for Richard Orsak   Email Richard Orsak   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
There is a guy from around here locally that installed the AP20 in his single screen when he went Digital, with a Barco unit.

They say the sound is substantially better, and that is coming from a comparison of the Panastereo CSP1200 he had been running for several years.

The Datasat rep was there to here it after the setup, and said it was the best he had heard from any other place he had been.

The tech installed one at his place (running 35mm) and said it was a big improvement.

Brad Miller
Administrator

- posted 09-07-2011 09:55 PM      Profile for Brad Miller   Author's Homepage   Email Brad Miller       Edit/Delete Post 
Did the same technician install the two processors (Panastereo and Datasat)? Remember, the calibrating technician can make or break a processor. The best processor in the world will sound terrible if the calibrating tech isn't really good.

I am not saying the Datasat is inferior to the Panastereo, just asking a very important question.

Richard Orsak
Film Handler

- posted 09-08-2011 04:24 AM      Profile for Richard Orsak   Email Richard Orsak   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Yes, Brad it was the same tech that built the original system from the ground up. He has listened to the system many times and not just a one time setup and never come back type of deal...So, he has been very familiar with the tuning of that auditorium and he said it was significantly better.

He also does my place, but I told him I wasn't really going to make all those changes from my Panastereo (if I liked the results) until I went Digital. Which is going to have to be soon I do think!

Richard

Brad Miller
Administrator

- posted 09-09-2011 12:59 AM      Profile for Brad Miller   Author's Homepage   Email Brad Miller       Edit/Delete Post 
Very interesting. I've never used either, but I've heard nothing but raving reviews on the Panastereo.

Richard Orsak
Film Handler

- posted 09-09-2011 08:14 PM      Profile for Richard Orsak   Email Richard Orsak   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
His setup is about the exact same as mine with the amps behind the stage and such, with the only difference is I am using a line driver to send the signal back to the amps, and he is using Fiber Optic. It's the only place I have ever seen it used, and it sounded really nice when he had the Panastereo. So I am assuming it matched up with the AP20 even better!

All times are Central (GMT -6:00)  
   Close Topic    Move Topic    Delete Topic    next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To: