Film-Tech Cinema Systems
Film-Tech Forum ARCHIVE

my profile | my password | search | faq & rules | forum home
  next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Film-Tech Forum ARCHIVE   » Operations   » Film Handlers' Forum   » XD10 hang again

Author Topic: XD10 hang again
Ram Sup
Film Handler

- posted 08-17-2011 07:45 AM      Profile for Ram Sup   Email Ram Sup   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Just found out today that I have unit for repair... It just say "Initialization" . So i figure this has typically meant just a bad Hard Drive though or Motherboard problem...

1. If it's HD fail or motherboard fails...how do i put in setup disc to format the HD and put in the save setting dics when the XD10 unit stays in "Initializing" and wont go to "Ready".

2. Please advice on how to rectify the matter.

All the advice given will be much appreciated.

Ram

|  IP: Logged

Jim Cassedy
Phenomenal Film Handler

- posted 08-17-2011 10:53 AM      Profile for Jim Cassedy   Email Jim Cassedy   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Ram-
Open the unit and check all the internal connecting cables,
especially the ones that go to the front control panel.

I had one of those cables come a little loose once, and
my unit would 'hang' in the "initializaion" mode. Once
I found the loose cable, I never had the problem again.

Try disonnecting and re-connecting all the cables.

Mabye you have the same problem. If not, you might have
to send the unit in for repair.

Good Luck!

Ken Lackner
Phenomenal Film Handler

- posted 08-25-2011 07:48 AM      Profile for Ken Lackner   Email Ken Lackner   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
If Jim's suggestion does not work and the unit is still stuck in the Initializing state, I do not believe you will be able to save your settings. Hopefully you have saved them already when the unit was working properly.

I had this same problem recently, and DTS' suggestion was to reinstall the OS using an Install (not an Upgrade) disc. They sent me one with the most current version. I wish I could report whether that worked, but I haven't tried it yet because I simply obtained a replacement unit from our shop. But I still do plan on trying it when I have some spare time and if it works, I'll put this unit on the shelf for future use.

All times are Central (GMT -6:00)  
   Close Topic    Move Topic    Delete Topic    next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To: