Film-Tech Cinema Systems
Film-Tech Forum ARCHIVE

my profile | my password | search | faq & rules | forum home
  next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Film-Tech Forum ARCHIVE   » Operations   » Film Handlers' Forum   » Deadbeats in the industry (see page 7 for current info on Ron Purtee) (Page 1)

This topic comprises 19 pages: 1  2  3  4  ...  17  18  19 

Author Topic: Deadbeats in the industry (see page 7 for current info on Ron Purtee)
Alan Gilbertson
Expert Film Handler

- posted 02-13-2006 08:02 PM      Profile for Alan Gilbertson   Author's Homepage   Email Alan Gilbertson   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Bill has been paid..

|  IP: Logged

Brad Miller
Administrator

- posted 02-13-2006 08:35 PM      Profile for Brad Miller   Author's Homepage   Email Brad Miller       Edit/Delete Post 
You can add two more to this list.

#1 Ron Purtee and company at Cinema Products International (CPI). Is there any manufacuter this company hasn't ripped off yet? These guys have the lowest morals I've ever seen, right down to bottling up Wal-Mart automotive oil in containers labeled "Century oil", etc. They also have a knock-off product to FilmGuard that they concocted in under 2 weeks after I booted them from being a dealer for failure to not pay their bills. The product is known to damage film over the long haul (meaning a print you use it on today may end up getting you a bill for the cost of the print down the road when that print gets rented out to another theater). What's really sad is they will sell it to you as "FilmGuard" and claim it is the exact same ingredients, then I get the call from the theater panicked and angry about the product that damaged their film because they think it is mine, but upon closer evaluation of the bottle and seller, it is NOT actual FilmGuard. It doesn't take a chemist to figure out that they are not the same product by a long shot. Beware of everything these guys sell, as it is all second rate and the goal of the company appears to screw people. I have invoices 3 years old this company still has not paid. From what I understand, they owe anywhere from $10,000 to a few hundred thousand bucks to pretty much every manufacturer.

#2 Brian Vita of CSS Inc. out of Peabody MS. This guy has a known history of not paying his bills either. I have invoices 2 years old he still has not paid.

I am permanently "topping" this thread, as this sort of info needs to be known.

Mark Gulbrandsen
Resident Trollmaster

- posted 02-13-2006 09:08 PM      Profile for Mark Gulbrandsen   Email Mark Gulbrandsen   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Gee, There are several MAnufacturers I could think of to place in this catagory......

Mark

Monte L Fullmer
Film God

- posted 02-13-2006 09:45 PM      Profile for Monte L Fullmer   Email Monte L Fullmer   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
..and those CPI splicers are the worst I've ever seen and worked with....Cheap is the key word here with them.

Funny to mention that when I do see a bottle of CPI oil, it's sorta dark than what actual machine oil would look like..and much thicker....

-Monte

Brad Miller
Administrator

- posted 02-14-2006 12:02 AM      Profile for Brad Miller   Author's Homepage   Email Brad Miller       Edit/Delete Post 
Mark, if you have a known deadbeat, list them. Do make SURE that before you post that they are absolutely in the wrong though and have been given plenty of time to make good.

Rick Long Jr
Expert Film Handler

- posted 02-14-2006 06:56 AM      Profile for Rick Long Jr   Email Rick Long Jr   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 

[ 02-16-2006, 11:18 AM: Message edited by: Rick Long Jr ]

Sean McKinnon
Phenomenal Film Handler

- posted 02-14-2006 05:12 PM      Profile for Sean McKinnon   Author's Homepage   Email Sean McKinnon   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Brad,

MS is the abbreviation I think for mississippi. Tha breveation for the Comonwealth of Massachusetts is MA (or Mass) So it should be Peabody, Ma above.

Steven J Hart
Master Film Handler

- posted 02-14-2006 06:07 PM      Profile for Steven J Hart   Author's Homepage   Email Steven J Hart   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
My theater has been serviced by Mr. Vita from CSS inc. since 1998. My experience working with Brian Vita - professional, courteous & knowledgable sales and service.
Steve Hart

Mark Gulbrandsen
Resident Trollmaster

- posted 02-14-2006 07:21 PM      Profile for Mark Gulbrandsen   Email Mark Gulbrandsen   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
quote: Steven J Hart
My theater has been serviced by Mr. Vita from CSS inc. since 1998.
I sat with Brain Vita at a table one night at a Showorst Dinner 15 to 18 years ago. I woldn't exactly say he was the friendliest person I ever ran into.... [Frown] . With so many small mom and pop theatres still operating in his own northeastern area I also would have to wonder why a dealer would have to go so far to service so little...... [Confused] .

Mark

Phil Hill
I love my cootie bug

- posted 02-14-2006 07:35 PM      Profile for Phil Hill   Email Phil Hill       Edit/Delete Post 
Also, just because a company/someone services and treats their "customers" well, it doesn't necessarily follow that they do the same with their vendors/suppliers.

Steven J Hart
Master Film Handler

- posted 02-14-2006 08:54 PM      Profile for Steven J Hart   Author's Homepage   Email Steven J Hart   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
quote: Mark Gulbrandsen
With so many small mom and pop theatres still operating in his own northeastern area I also would have to wonder why a dealer would have to go so far to service so little......
I think Brian Vita services about a dozen theaters in ND and MN on his annual trip. He got started in this area when MTS in Minneapolis went out of business. As far as I know there is no one (within easy driving distance) offering service to our area.

Brad Miller
Administrator

- posted 02-14-2006 09:26 PM      Profile for Brad Miller   Author's Homepage   Email Brad Miller       Edit/Delete Post 
Steven,

The nicest guy in the world who purchases items from manufacturers, sells them to his customers, and then never pays the manufacturer for the items is a deadbeat any way you slice it.

Should I try and reword this again, or do you understand how the concept works?

Mike Blakesley
Film God

- posted 02-15-2006 01:13 AM      Profile for Mike Blakesley   Author's Homepage   Email Mike Blakesley   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
I'm no lawyer, but isn't this thread just begging for a defamation lawsuit?

Frank Dubrois
Jedi Master Film Handler

- posted 02-15-2006 01:34 AM      Profile for Frank Dubrois     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
I dunno. If someone has invoices and proof that these people didn't pay and have had plenty of time to do so, then calling a spade, a spade seems ok enough to me. I'm actually enjoying this thread.

Brad Miller
Administrator

- posted 02-15-2006 04:39 AM      Profile for Brad Miller   Author's Homepage   Email Brad Miller       Edit/Delete Post 
Yup I've already checked with my attorney on this. The deadbeats outed on this thread will remain listed here until such time that they make good on their debt.

Just do note that for anyone adding to this, do make sure you have proof of the debt.

All times are Central (GMT -6:00)
This topic comprises 19 pages: 1  2  3  4  ...  17  18  19 

Close Topic    Move Topic    Delete Topic    next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To: