Film-Tech Cinema Systems
Film-Tech Forum ARCHIVE

my profile | my password | search | faq & rules | forum home
  next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Film-Tech Forum ARCHIVE   » Operations   » Film Handlers' Forum   » EX 6100 16mm question

Author Topic: EX 6100 16mm question
Christopher Spiwak
Film Handler

- posted 06-08-2011 11:44 AM      Profile for Christopher Spiwak   Author's Homepage   Email Christopher Spiwak   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
We have an Eiki EX 6100 16mm projector we are in the process of getting rid of. Where do I find the S/N on the lamphouse or pedastal?

|  IP: Logged

Scott Norwood
Film God

From: Boston, MA. USA (1774.21 miles northeast of Dallas)

- posted 06-08-2011 12:30 PM      Profile for Scott Norwood   Author's Homepage   Email Scott Norwood   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
I believe that it's usually on the non-operator side of the lamphouse.

If you want to sell the unit, you can post it in the for-sale section of this forum.

Christopher Spiwak
Film Handler

- posted 06-08-2011 01:19 PM      Profile for Christopher Spiwak   Author's Homepage   Email Christopher Spiwak   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Thanks! I thought I looked all over but couldn't find it there. I'll look again later.

Our company has agreed to donate it to a local theatre. I need to come up with details to take it "out of inventory" for us. Hasn't been used here for many years so there's no documentation anywhere that I can find.

Gary A. Hoselton
Film Handler

- posted 06-12-2011 10:48 AM      Profile for Gary A. Hoselton   Email Gary A. Hoselton   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Looking at EX-6000, which I'd expect is same as EX-6100, Eiki Serial # label is on lower rear of mechanism/lamphouse casting, between rear hinge of mechanism door and plate covering lamp high current leads, and held on by tiny screws spaced 1 1/2" apart horizontally. If you find screw holes but no plate, you'll have to be inventive. I don't recall encountering serial number anywhere else on or inside projector.

Bruce Hansen
Jedi Master Film Handler

- posted 06-12-2011 04:56 PM      Profile for Bruce Hansen   Email Bruce Hansen   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
It is where Gary said, on my EX-6100.

Robert Throop
Master Film Handler

- posted 07-09-2011 11:50 AM      Profile for Robert Throop   Email Robert Throop   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
The Capitol theatre in Rome, NY is the recipient of this projector. There are some issues since the machine hadn't been used for many years. For starters the douser won't open.
There is an operators manual on this site but I am looking for a service manual complete with schematics. Any help is appreciated.
Thanks

Bruce Hansen
Jedi Master Film Handler

- posted 07-09-2011 07:20 PM      Profile for Bruce Hansen   Email Bruce Hansen   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
The douser on the one I got was stuck when I first got it. You should be able to free it up, and put a little oil on it, then work it a number of times.

Robert Throop
Master Film Handler

- posted 07-10-2011 02:43 PM      Profile for Robert Throop   Email Robert Throop   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Many thanks to Scott Norwood for sending me a scan of this manual!

All times are Central (GMT -6:00)  
   Close Topic    Move Topic    Delete Topic    next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To: