Film-Tech Cinema Systems
Film-Tech Forum ARCHIVE

my profile | my password | search | faq & rules | forum home
  next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Film-Tech Forum ARCHIVE   » Operations   » Film Handlers' Forum   » CNA-150 Interlock sync loop issue

Author Topic: CNA-150 Interlock sync loop issue
Matthew Black
Film Handler

- posted 05-26-2011 10:34 AM      Profile for Matthew Black   Email Matthew Black   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
When I put the projector in a sync loop with any other projector it drops out all those projectors from the loop. (I can sync any other projector with no issue, its only when #1 is involved) if I remove the daisy chain data connections from the termination board on #1 the other projectors sync fine.

Checking the LIN status on #1's automation shows the console running software version 4 checksum 17. All the other projectors are running version 3 checksum 150. Could this be my issue, software incompatibility?

I tried changing the cna automation panel to one of the ones removed do to our current digital conversions and the software version didn't change. If it isn't stored in the panel where else would the firmware be installed?

Updating the firmware doesn't really seem like an option for me, and my tech really has given up on 35mm. The problem is that the more digital houses we add the less options we have to interlock. So I would really like to bring this house back online. If anyone has any issues on what to replace I can swap out parts from the the other projectors we have sitting up here. I just wasn't sure what part to begin with, termination board, power supply board, the actual cabling (or maybe just a software glitch.)

|  IP: Logged

Mark Gulbrandsen
Resident Trollmaster

- posted 05-26-2011 11:43 AM      Profile for Mark Gulbrandsen   Email Mark Gulbrandsen   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Contact Jay at Eprad for help on this as I believe this could be resolved through software downgrade of the one unit or by upgrading all the other units. The info you need is at www.eprad.com

Also, they recently moved so be patient...

Mark

Matthew Black
Film Handler

- posted 05-26-2011 11:48 AM      Profile for Matthew Black   Email Matthew Black   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Thanks Mark!

Tony Bandiera Jr
Film God

- posted 05-26-2011 12:56 PM      Profile for Tony Bandiera Jr   Email Tony Bandiera Jr   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
quote:
Updating the firmware doesn't really seem like an option for me, and my tech really has given up on 35mm.
First off, welcome to the forum Mark. [beer] [thumbsup]

Your tech is an ass. His job is to service ALL of the equipment covered by your service agreement, until such time that it is removed from service. If he won't fix your 35mm gear (And especially if you guys are under a service contract) then you need to light a fire under him or his boss.

If your tech is freelance and called in only as needed (not under contract) then you need to fire him and get a tech who will do the job. There are many good techs out there looking for work.

Ken Lackner
Phenomenal Film Handler

- posted 05-26-2011 01:01 PM      Profile for Ken Lackner   Email Ken Lackner   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Or, his tech could be in-house, and just swamped with all of the digital conversions going on recently and his phone ringing off the hook with problems associated with all the digital equipment.

Matthew Black
Film Handler

- posted 05-26-2011 03:26 PM      Profile for Matthew Black   Email Matthew Black   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
quote: Ken Lackner
Or, his tech could be in-house, and just swamped with all of the digital conversions going on recently and his phone ringing off the hook with problems associated with all the digital equipment.
Thats kinda where we are at. He doesn't see it as an important issue so it goes to the bottom of the list.

Tony Bandiera Jr
Film God

- posted 05-26-2011 04:59 PM      Profile for Tony Bandiera Jr   Email Tony Bandiera Jr   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Ok, Ken and Matthew, that makes sense and reads a lot differently than what I commented on.

Apologies to your tech if that is the case.

Mark Gulbrandsen
Resident Trollmaster

- posted 05-26-2011 06:33 PM      Profile for Mark Gulbrandsen   Email Mark Gulbrandsen   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Well, but realistically he shouldn't be having that many problems with the digital equipment either that it would take away from his film systems service. After all the digital systems I've installed I'm beginning to feel a bit like the Maytag Man!!

Steve Guttag
We forgot the crackers Gromit!!!

- posted 05-28-2011 10:26 AM      Profile for Steve Guttag   Email Steve Guttag   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
I dunno Mark...I want to see you in that nifty little outfit that the "Maytag Man" wore!

Oh, and I second the suggestion of contacting Jay at EPRAD. He is truly one of the great customer support people in the industry. He always helps out with the CNA/eCNA line and is constantly trying to improve it.

-Steve

Mark Gulbrandsen
Resident Trollmaster

- posted 05-28-2011 04:25 PM      Profile for Mark Gulbrandsen   Email Mark Gulbrandsen   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
There hasn't been much to repair digitally aside from an occasional software update? No breakdowns yet. I will begin quarterly maintainance as soon as I get three Cinedigm locations on line but that'll be a month or so away. I still have the same normal number of sound or film calls though and had one today in fact.

Mark

Steve Guttag
We forgot the crackers Gromit!!!

- posted 05-28-2011 07:25 PM      Profile for Steve Guttag   Email Steve Guttag   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Have you put any Cinedigm systems in yet?

-Steve

All times are Central (GMT -6:00)  
   Close Topic    Move Topic    Delete Topic    next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To: