Film-Tech Cinema Systems
Film-Tech Forum ARCHIVE

my profile | my password | search | faq & rules | forum home
  next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Film-Tech Forum ARCHIVE   » Operations   » Film Handlers' Forum   » Magna Tech 2000 series interlock pinout

Author Topic: Magna Tech 2000 series interlock pinout
Jonathan Froes
Film Handler

- posted 05-23-2011 08:07 PM      Profile for Jonathan Froes   Email Jonathan Froes   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
does anyone here know the pinouts for the interlock ports on the magnatech 2000 series dubber?

|  IP: Logged

Tony Bandiera Jr
Film God

- posted 05-23-2011 08:30 PM      Profile for Tony Bandiera Jr   Email Tony Bandiera Jr   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Jonathan, IIRC it is in the manual in the Warehouse here.

LINKY

....and if not, PM me and I can get you that info later this week.

Jonathan Froes
Film Handler

- posted 05-23-2011 10:49 PM      Profile for Jonathan Froes   Email Jonathan Froes   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
they talk about it on that manual but no pinouts and that's what i need...i sure need it if you have it...

Tony Bandiera Jr
Film God

- posted 05-23-2011 11:07 PM      Profile for Tony Bandiera Jr   Email Tony Bandiera Jr   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Ok, my schematics are at UC Irvine, I will be going there in the next few days and I'll get the info for ya.

One thing I can tell you is that the MT's use 10 pulse per frame biphase on the encoder inputs. [Smile]

Jonathan Froes
Film Handler

- posted 05-24-2011 03:42 PM      Profile for Jonathan Froes   Email Jonathan Froes   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Thanks Tony. I've downloaded the manual from the werehouse here but that's all they really talk about it on the manual 10 pulse per frame 20 pulse per revolution. i'm trying to interlock this with the cinesync on my kem flatbed.

Tony Bandiera Jr
Film God

- posted 05-26-2011 04:51 PM      Profile for Tony Bandiera Jr   Email Tony Bandiera Jr   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
OK, here's the pinout to connect the encoders to the MT2000 Series: (Pin/Function/Wire color for Belden 8723)

A/COMMON/BLACK
B/+5vdc/RED
C/no connection
D/"A" Phase/WHITE
E/"B" Phase/GREEN
F/no connection
H/GROUND/SHIELD

The connector is an Amphenol 126-197.

You can use a well-regulated 5vdc power supply externally if you want (I prefer to, I don't trust the 5vdc supply in the dubber) by connecting the encoders (+) to the external supply (DO NOT connect Pin B to the dubber) and the external supply (-) connects to the encoder AND Pin A on the dubber.

The cable that links adjacent dubbers/transports to each other is a shielded, 6 conductor cable which is Pin-to-Pin using pins A, B, C, D, E, F with the shield connected to pin H at BOTH ends.

I will someday soon get the schematics copied and sent to Brad to add to the manual in the Warehouse.

All times are Central (GMT -6:00)  
   Close Topic    Move Topic    Delete Topic    next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To: