Film-Tech Cinema Systems
Film-Tech Forum ARCHIVE

my profile | my password | search | faq & rules | forum home
  next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Film-Tech Forum ARCHIVE   » Operations   » Film Handlers' Forum   » DTS 6D to SDDS DFP 3000 Hookup help needed

Author Topic: DTS 6D to SDDS DFP 3000 Hookup help needed
Bill Duelly
Film Handler

- posted 05-20-2011 05:18 PM      Profile for Bill Duelly   Email Bill Duelly   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
I am trying to integrate a DTS 6D with my Sony DFP 3000 unit. I read the service bulletins on the Sony unit and the suggestions in the DTS manual. So I have constructed a cable for the audio; tested all pins; all seems to be in order. Made the 2 wire automation cable connected it and that seems to work. Question is, according to the metering on my 2 test films, I no signal on the SW channel. I tried adjusting the trim on the DTS unit to no avail. I am presuming that all should be in working order as the unit was refurbished about a year ago and really wasn't used since then. Am I missing something? MAny thanks.

|  IP: Logged

Gordon McLeod
Film God

- posted 05-20-2011 06:46 PM      Profile for Gordon McLeod   Email Gordon McLeod   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Measure the voltage on each of the channel pins of the cable you made with the tone on track two of the test disk it should read 300mv on all channels
if the SW is there then the isssue is pin assignement or in the sony unit

Bill Duelly
Film Handler

- posted 05-20-2011 08:10 PM      Profile for Bill Duelly   Email Bill Duelly   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Looks like I have a signal on the sub wolf pins. Don't understand, I'm pretty sure I had it last night.

Checked with a spare DFP 3000 with the same results...nothing.

Marin Zorica
Jedi Master Film Handler

- posted 05-21-2011 04:27 PM      Profile for Marin Zorica   Email Marin Zorica   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
On AUX1 or AUX2 input what kind of matrix you assigned?

Bill Duelly
Film Handler

- posted 05-21-2011 10:21 PM      Profile for Bill Duelly   Email Bill Duelly   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
I've settled on Aux 2. I've tried two different DFP 3000 units as well as 2 different dts 6d units. Cable tests out ok. Is there something odd about the sw output of the dts units?

Marin Zorica
Jedi Master Film Handler

- posted 05-22-2011 05:37 PM      Profile for Marin Zorica   Email Marin Zorica   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Use DFP setup software, then go to preset configuration and look what matrix is used for AUX1 input, you can use 8ch that will get you whole channels out. But, are you sure you have sw output for DTS6?

Bill Duelly
Film Handler

- posted 05-23-2011 04:38 PM      Profile for Bill Duelly   Email Bill Duelly   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
It appears that there may be a problem with the connector that would plug into the DFP. I was pulling the plug to meter test it when/I saw the SW level meter jump. I wiggled the plug in a certain way and I have level. Off hand the connector looked fine and metered ok. So I don't know of it is an intermittant problem with the pin or the connector on the unit (thinking the connector) Thanks to all for assistance

Chase Pickett
Expert Film Handler

- posted 05-23-2011 05:15 PM      Profile for Chase Pickett   Email Chase Pickett   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
I did the same thing a couple of months ago, and had the same issue. It turned out to be the connector on the unit. Sorry I didn't see this thread earlier though.

All times are Central (GMT -6:00)  
   Close Topic    Move Topic    Delete Topic    next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To: