Film-Tech Cinema Systems
Film-Tech Forum ARCHIVE

my profile | my password | search | faq & rules | forum home
  next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Film-Tech Forum ARCHIVE   » Operations   » Film Handlers' Forum   » Help Wanted: Ultra Stereo JS 105/195 - Subwoofer Input for Dolby DA 20

Author Topic: Help Wanted: Ultra Stereo JS 105/195 - Subwoofer Input for Dolby DA 20
Martin Daian
Expert Film Handler

- posted 05-19-2011 01:23 AM      Profile for Martin Daian     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Hello, i need to connect urgentlly tomorrow a Ultra Stereo JS 105/195 processor with a Dolby DA 20 Digital Decoder, the problem i have is that the Ultra Stereo not have Subwoofer Input, how i will connect on the rear panel of the Ultra Stereo?, maybe need to make any jumpers with wires?

I see the DTS6D manual to compare with the DA 20 but not understand how the subwoofer level will be acomodate when you adjust the master fader volume on the USL.

Any helps appreciatted,

Thanks,

Martin

|  IP: Logged

Gordon McLeod
Film God

- posted 05-19-2011 08:09 AM      Profile for Gordon McLeod   Email Gordon McLeod   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Depending on the format board it may have no fader control but require a relay to break the sub out put

Martin Daian
Expert Film Handler

- posted 05-23-2011 11:47 PM      Profile for Martin Daian     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Gordon, the JS 105/195 have installed a JFM 20 format card, the same that have the JS 200, i don't know how the fader will acuse on the subwoofer output if in the manuals figure that the subwoofer are connected directlly jumpered with the output, i not understand, sorry, any help?

I Speak with Clint from Ultra Stereo and he provide a small board that helps to conect from Pin 2 of that little board directlly to the output of the JS 105/195 but still not understand how the fader will act on the sub output if there are jumpered directlly to the output teminal subwoofer of the processor,

Thank you,
Martin

Gordon McLeod
Film God

- posted 05-24-2011 07:03 AM      Profile for Gordon McLeod   Email Gordon McLeod   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
If the sub is directly connected to the output the fader will have no effect if it is a six channel board then you just tack the subwoofer output of the da20 on to the pin on the edge strip as shown in the DTS6D manual

Martin Daian
Expert Film Handler

- posted 06-03-2011 04:57 PM      Profile for Martin Daian     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Thank you Gordon.

All times are Central (GMT -6:00)  
   Close Topic    Move Topic    Delete Topic    next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To: