Film-Tech Cinema Systems
Film-Tech Forum ARCHIVE

my profile | my password | search | faq & rules | forum home
  next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Film-Tech Forum ARCHIVE   » Operations   » Film Handlers' Forum   » Question: DOLBY DA 20 to SMART MOD.7

Author Topic: Question: DOLBY DA 20 to SMART MOD.7
Martin Daian
Expert Film Handler

- posted 01-12-2011 10:30 AM      Profile for Martin Daian     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Hello, i need to connect a Dolby DA 20 to a Smart Mod Seven, anybody have experience on how is the connection of the Cense Control of the DA 20 to the Smart Mod 7 ?, i don't see where need to be connected, i know that is possible that the Mod 7 have Digital option, also see that a SA EX 10 will be connected as in the front panel have a swithch that say EX surround,

Any Helps appreciatted,

Thanks,
Martin

|  IP: Logged

Christos Mitsakis
Expert Film Handler

- posted 01-12-2011 12:24 PM      Profile for Christos Mitsakis   Email Christos Mitsakis   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Martin,
What you 're looking for is on page 12 of Mod7 manual here in the warehouse.
Mod7 has built in matrix processing for EX and an external unit (SA10 or other) is unnecessary.

C.

Martin Daian
Expert Film Handler

- posted 01-13-2011 12:12 AM      Profile for Martin Daian     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Hello Christos, Thank you for the information, so the EX function built in on the Smart Mod.7 gives the same quality EX decoding chanels that the Dolby SA EX 10 unit?,

Martin

Christos Mitsakis
Expert Film Handler

- posted 01-13-2011 02:58 PM      Profile for Christos Mitsakis   Email Christos Mitsakis   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
SMART implemented into Mod7 CRS Labs' Circle Surround Matrix both for analog processing and for deriving the surround channels when in digital mode. Originally designed for home processors CRS proclaimed that had better steering and channel separation than any other matrix of the era. It was used also for playing two channel music, positioning its spatial information with great accuracy. If I remember correctly, soon after this, Dolby used Jim Fosgate's patent and presented their Pro Logic II processing.
I never had the chance for personal evaluation of the CRS matrix though...

Christos.

Martin Daian
Expert Film Handler

- posted 01-15-2011 06:45 PM      Profile for Martin Daian     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Hello Christos, i will try to connect all like the manual of the Smart Mod. Seven described, Thank you for you help,
Martin Daian

All times are Central (GMT -6:00)  
   Close Topic    Move Topic    Delete Topic    next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To: