Film-Tech Cinema Systems
Film-Tech Forum ARCHIVE
Topic Closed  Topic Closed

my profile | my password | search | faq & rules | forum home
  next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Film-Tech Forum ARCHIVE   » Operations   » Film Handlers' Forum   » New to the film tech forums

Author Topic: New to the film tech forums
Chase Pickett
Expert Film Handler

- posted 11-28-2010 11:40 PM      Profile for Chase Pickett   Email Chase Pickett   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Hello all, as you may have guessed I'm new to this forum, and with that being said I'd like to give you all a little info about myself. I work at an amc multi-plex and was the quint-essential teenager brought upstairs from the concession stand. That's where that ended though. I am absolutely fascinated with projection, and all that comes with it. Because my theater's budget is so low for our booth, we cannot afford to have a full time or even part time person to make sure our presentation is "picture perfect," so I've taken on the responsibility of doing it myself for my own pride in having the best presentation possible. I've only been in a projection booth for only a year, so I still have a lot to learn, and thank you to all on this forum and who posted the tips as they have really helped out a lot. Because my theater uses strong projectors, the tip for deleting those nasty "friction" pad rollers has resulted in better looking pictures, and there is that added benefit that any theater receiving a print used by us can't tell we use strong. All the knowledge gained from this forum has taught me more than I would have ever been able to learn without it's existence. Thank you all again. It seems though that most of you, with the knowledge you have, shouldn't be working in a projection booth, but rather a lab or an engineering firm. Just my thought. [beer]

|  IP: Logged

Michael Voiland
Expert Film Handler

- posted 11-29-2010 01:01 AM      Profile for Michael Voiland   Email Michael Voiland   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Welcome. Do you guys have pro 35s

Mark J. Marshall
Film God

- posted 11-29-2010 01:25 AM      Profile for Mark J. Marshall     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Welcome, Chase. Before you go much further, please take a look at the rules for this forum. They run a pretty tight ship around here. There are rules here that you probably won't find on other forums, or at the very least won't fine enforced on other forums, but the rules are designed for everyone's benefit.

So please hang out, get to know a few people and how things work here. We're glad you're here and look forward to great things from you. Even though this thread itself may end up getting locked since:

1. It's in the wrong forum - it should be in the Film-Yak forum, and
2. There's already a thread in the Film-Yak forum for introducing yourself.

That's ok - they probably won't set you on fire - yet. They usually let newbies screw up once! [Smile]

But seriously, welcome. There are a lot of really wonderful and fun people here who are very knowledgeable in all areas of the theater and movie world.

Enjoy your stay!

All times are Central (GMT -6:00)  
   Open Topic    Move Topic    Delete Topic    next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To: