Film-Tech Cinema Systems
Film-Tech Forum ARCHIVE

my profile | my password | search | faq & rules | forum home
  next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Film-Tech Forum ARCHIVE   » Operations   » Film Handlers' Forum   » DA20 says: HELP 0

Author Topic: DA20 says: HELP 0
Gunnar Asgeirsson
Film Handler

- posted 10-03-2010 07:42 AM      Profile for Gunnar Asgeirsson   Author's Homepage   Email Gunnar Asgeirsson   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Hello,
I am wonderings.
I have Dolby CP65 with Dolby DA20 setup.
And now the DA20 says HELP 0.
What does that mean.

This started displaying yesterdays after all the shows and the earlyer this day the SRD sound was unstabable and i end up need to show the print in SR only.
This days Reykjavik International Fiml Festival (Riff) is in the cinema and first when this happen with the sound yeasterday i thougt it was just the print because on festival like this there are many old and ugly prints but when it happens again yesterday with a different print i realize this was not just one bad print. This was the DA20 acting stranges.
The error rate numbers never got lover than 5 and sometimes up to 6 yesterday. The error rate is usually in 2-3 in this screen so 5-6 is very stranges.
The projector is Cinemeccanica Vic 5 with Red led SR*D digital reader.

|  IP: Logged

Richard Hamilton
Phenomenal Film Handler

- posted 10-03-2010 08:22 AM      Profile for Richard Hamilton   Email Richard Hamilton   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
quote:
call Dolby Laboratories’ 24
hour emergency number in San Francisco for expert advice: (415) 558-0200. You will be
asked to leave your name and number, and a Dolby Engineer will call you back promptly

Tony Bandiera Jr
Film God

- posted 10-03-2010 03:27 PM      Profile for Tony Bandiera Jr   Email Tony Bandiera Jr   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Found the list of "HELP" codes in the DA-20 manual: (page 121 of the pdf)

HELP 0 is "Second stage loader not found"
HELP 1 is "Missing Baseline FRED module"
HELP 2 is "Selected module not found in ROM"
HELP 3 is "Selected module fails Checksum"
HELP 4 is "Selected module is not in Directory"
HELP 5 is "Baseline FRED module fails Checksum"

Any other display Indicates failure of FRED card

Sounds like the firmware is corrupted somehow. Perhaps that last print tried to load updated software that wasn't compatible?

Richard Hamilton
Phenomenal Film Handler

- posted 10-03-2010 05:40 PM      Profile for Richard Hamilton   Email Richard Hamilton   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Tony, I didn't get all the way to page 121 in the manual. When I saw the 24 hour tech line, figured that was the easiest and quickest way for Gunnar to solve it.
Rick

All times are Central (GMT -6:00)  
   Close Topic    Move Topic    Delete Topic    next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To: