Film-Tech Cinema Systems
Film-Tech Forum ARCHIVE

my profile | my password | search | faq & rules | forum home
  next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Film-Tech Forum ARCHIVE   » Operations   » Film Handlers' Forum   » dts 6d to cp50

Author Topic: dts 6d to cp50
Rajendran Dinesh
Film Handler

- posted 09-21-2010 01:27 PM      Profile for Rajendran Dinesh   Author's Homepage   Email Rajendran Dinesh   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
dear friens, i have dts 6d unit, and cp50, how connect 5.1 line to cp50, its possible, any body give suggestion, [beer]

|  IP: Logged

Tony Bandiera Jr
Film God

- posted 09-21-2010 01:31 PM      Profile for Tony Bandiera Jr   Email Tony Bandiera Jr   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Yes..hire a technician and quit trying to do it yourself.

When will people understand that a cinema sound system is NOT a TOY or something you just throw together and it will work!!

[Mad]

Mike Spaeth
Phenomenal Film Handler

- posted 09-21-2010 02:01 PM      Profile for Mike Spaeth   Author's Homepage   Email Mike Spaeth   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Touchy, touchy...

Rajendran Dinesh
Film Handler

- posted 09-21-2010 02:15 PM      Profile for Rajendran Dinesh   Author's Homepage   Email Rajendran Dinesh   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
dear Tony Bandiera Jr dont angry,sorry, i ask wrong place,

Darryl Spicer
Film God

- posted 09-21-2010 09:38 PM      Profile for Darryl Spicer     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
To start you will need a D567 audio breakout board and a D711 cable for the automation. Then there is a modification that must be done on the back plane of the CP50. Diagram is located in the DTS6-D manual. Since this can be a tricky modification I would get a qualified technician to do the job. Otherwise you could damage the back plane causing the unit to no longer operate properly.

Marin Zorica
Jedi Master Film Handler

- posted 09-22-2010 06:28 AM      Profile for Marin Zorica   Email Marin Zorica   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
You can do that also without any board if you are skilled. Check schematic of CP50 and DTS6. On DTS6D you have output via relays and input to same outputs which are routed via relays. You need to use CP50 "surround adapter" connection, in fact you send signal from CP50 "to surround adapter" terminal to input of DTS6D L C R S, than from outputs you send signal to CP50 "from surround adapter" terminal, plus you need to cut off 4 resistors on main board which is described in manual. This way, when playing DTS, it will send signal to CP50 path, in case DTS goes off or drop out it will bypass signal from CP50 decoder back to CP50 path (like it was before modification), also you need to set all levels again on CP50 and DTS6D.

Cameron Glendinning
Jedi Master Film Handler

- posted 09-22-2010 06:51 AM      Profile for Cameron Glendinning   Email Cameron Glendinning   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Tony, ease up just a little, India is a very different place to the west. Purpose built cinemas seem to be closing due to competition with cheaper "video" rooms. Its a tuff market and a huge place, Indians in general love movies but money is scarce in many areas.

Rajendran is I am sure is doing his best to put on the highest quality show possible! I personally would like to thank you for your showman spirit! Any chance for a photo of the cinema or cinemas in your area? Projection room, outside and inside the hall would be great if you can.

Marins and Darryl have given you some good ideas, most manuals are here in the site, just a click on the left. CP50's and dts are tricky so if you are having any troubles just ask [Smile] ,

Marin Zorica
Jedi Master Film Handler

- posted 09-22-2010 11:53 AM      Profile for Marin Zorica   Email Marin Zorica   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Cameron has the point! But there is problem, I was think you have DTS6, DTS6D don't have relays like DTS6, so you either will get board with relays from DTS, or you will made you're own? if you want I can draw some schematic, or you can look in DTS6D manual.

Tony Bandiera Jr
Film God

- posted 09-22-2010 04:40 PM      Profile for Tony Bandiera Jr   Email Tony Bandiera Jr   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
To everyone:

I apologize for the tone of my post but not the message.

I realize that things are different in India but I am also aware that there are many fine technicians there who could offer their services to help Rajendran out. (One of our own folks here comes to mind, a Mr. V.V.Tushit Vijay)

There has long been an attitude of theatre owners that techs are not needed and/or are a burdensome expense and I am frankly tired of it.

I do not mind helping out with troubleshooting or answering general questions but I am very tired of people picking for detailed information and not paying for it.

Rajendran, in the spirit of saying something constructive, I suggest that you please send an email or private message to V.V.Tushit Vijay here as he can help you out and possibly go to your theatre if need be to assist you.

I am not a nasty person in general but sometimes a request rubs me the wrong way. I do sincerely wish you the best and recognize as Cameron said that you are trying to make things better for your customers. For that I give you credit.

Cameron Glendinning
Jedi Master Film Handler

- posted 09-22-2010 09:44 PM      Profile for Cameron Glendinning   Email Cameron Glendinning   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
quote: Tony Bandiera Jr

There has long been an attitude of theatre owners that techs are not needed and/or are a burdensome expense and I am frankly tired of it.

I agree with you Tony! Your frustration is very understandable.

All times are Central (GMT -6:00)  
   Close Topic    Move Topic    Delete Topic    next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To: