Film-Tech Cinema Systems
Film-Tech Forum ARCHIVE

my profile | my password | search | faq & rules | forum home
  next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Film-Tech Forum ARCHIVE   » Operations   » Film Handlers' Forum   » JBL 4675c vs JBL 4675d

Author Topic: JBL 4675c vs JBL 4675d
Peter Das
Film Handler

- posted 08-26-2010 08:23 PM      Profile for Peter Das   Email Peter Das   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
can some one tell me whats the difference between JBL 4675c vs JBL 4675d

|  IP: Logged

Steve Guttag
We forgot the crackers Gromit!!!

- posted 08-26-2010 09:20 PM      Profile for Steve Guttag   Email Steve Guttag   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Well, for starters, there isn't a 4675d...so that is a pretty big difference.

Randy Stankey
Film God

- posted 08-26-2010 09:40 PM      Profile for Randy Stankey   Email Randy Stankey   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
The "4675C" doesn't exactly grow on trees, either!
Ask me how I know... [Roll Eyes]

There is a "4675C-4(8)LF" which is the bi-amped version of the 4675C.
(No internal, passive crossover.)

There is also a "4670D" which has a very similar low frequency cabinet/drivers but a smaller horn on top.

Here's the web page from JBL which gives the breakdown on the 4000 Series of speakers.
http://www.jblpro.com/catalog/General/ProductFamily.aspx?FId=32&MId=1

Louis Bornwasser
Film God

- posted 08-27-2010 09:45 AM      Profile for Louis Bornwasser   Author's Homepage   Email Louis Bornwasser   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Careful there Randy, the 4670 has a significantly more "honky" horn. Otherwise the same components. Louis

Randy Stankey
Film God

- posted 08-27-2010 10:27 AM      Profile for Randy Stankey   Email Randy Stankey   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
I'm sure you're right. I never considered the sound characteristics of the 4670. Only the physical configuration.

Thus my characterization that the 4670 has the same or very similar cabinet on the bottom but a different horn on the top. That horn will, of course, sound different but I don't know because I haven't seen or heard one in person.

All of my knowledge was gained from my recent speaker replacement project where I did a lot of research into this line of speakers.

More of your knowledge is gained from actual experience with the product. [thumbsup]

All times are Central (GMT -6:00)  
   Close Topic    Move Topic    Delete Topic    next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To: