Film-Tech Cinema Systems
Film-Tech Forum ARCHIVE

my profile | my password | search | faq & rules | forum home
  next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Film-Tech Forum ARCHIVE   » Operations   » Film Handlers' Forum   » Ghost Writer question

Author Topic: Ghost Writer question
John Wilson
Film God

- posted 08-05-2010 10:10 PM      Profile for John Wilson   Email John Wilson   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Has anybody played this picture? We just had a guy come out and complained that there were no opening titles and that it just came in to the picture.

I'd like to know how it's supposed to start (it may indeed be correct as is) to see if we need another reel one or not.

As you can imagine, it's pretty urgent.

Thanks.

|  IP: Logged

Claude S. Ayakawa
Film God

- posted 08-05-2010 11:58 PM      Profile for Claude S. Ayakawa   Author's Homepage   Email Claude S. Ayakawa   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
John
I just watched GHOST WRITER this past Tuesday night on a brand new Blu-Ray disc that was released on that day and do not remember how it had opened. I do know the first thing to appear at the end credits was the title of the movie using nece fonts.

By the way, I enjoyed the film very much. Almost all of the movie takes place in the United States and was wondering how Roman Polansky could come to this country and do the movie without getting arrested on sight. As it turned out, all of the US scenes were skillfully photographed in Europe.

-Claude

Joe Redifer
You need a beating today

- posted 08-06-2010 12:26 AM      Profile for Joe Redifer   Author's Homepage   Email Joe Redifer   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
I have run this movie and I know it opens with the studio logo. After that, I can't remember. Check to see if the studio logo is there and then check for any splices between that and the first real frame. My favorite part in Ghost Rider is when Nicolas Cage jumps over the helicopters on his motorcycle.

Henning Anderson
Film Handler

- posted 08-06-2010 07:01 AM      Profile for Henning Anderson   Email Henning Anderson   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
We played this some months ago, and I was also surprised that there was no main title. It just starts with the scene of the ferry arriving in the harbour. It is a very abrupt beginning and I don't blame the customer for believing something is missing.

Great little thriller, partly filmed in Denmark

Joe Redifer
You need a beating today

- posted 08-06-2010 09:39 AM      Profile for Joe Redifer   Author's Homepage   Email Joe Redifer   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Oh yeah! Now I remember. Cars arriving in the harbor. They empty the cars and I think one starts honking because it is haunted. That's definitely how the movie opens.

John Wilson
Film God

- posted 08-06-2010 06:20 PM      Profile for John Wilson   Email John Wilson   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Thanks Henning. [thumbsup]

Joe...not so much. [Wink]

Michael Brown
Phenomenal Film Handler

- posted 08-08-2010 10:26 AM      Profile for Michael Brown   Email Michael Brown   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Because of the title change in the UK (new title The Ghost), There is a "The Ghost" title on the front of UK prints, I'm sure there were a couple of studio logo's as well.

Thomas Hauerslev
Master Film Handler

- posted 08-09-2010 08:20 AM      Profile for Thomas Hauerslev   Author's Homepage   Email Thomas Hauerslev   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Harbour scenes also filmed on the German island Sylt. I went "location hunting" with my daughter a few weeks ago. "The Ghostwriter" was still playing late night Fri+Sat at the local cinema in Westerland

Ferry terminal:
http://hauerslev.com/oplevelser/2010_sylt/images/DSC_1332.jpg

News clippings from March 2009 filming in ferry terminal:
http://hauerslev.com/oplevelser/2010_sylt/images/DSC_1336.jpg

Parking lot:
http://hauerslev.com/oplevelser/2010_sylt/images/DSC_1331.jpg

All times are Central (GMT -6:00)  
   Close Topic    Move Topic    Delete Topic    next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To: