Film-Tech Cinema Systems
Film-Tech Forum ARCHIVE

my profile | my password | search | faq & rules | forum home
  next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Film-Tech Forum ARCHIVE   » Operations   » Film Handlers' Forum   » Xetron Maxi12XPC Intermission mode and Interlock

Author Topic: Xetron Maxi12XPC Intermission mode and Interlock
Justin Hamaker
Film God

- posted 06-24-2010 05:40 AM      Profile for Justin Hamaker   Author's Homepage   Email Justin Hamaker   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
I will be building Twilight & New Moon as one film and I will be interlocking with a short intermission between.

My question is how is the best way to set this up.

We have the automation set up so 1 cue is end of trailers, 2 cues is start of credits, and 3 cues is end of show.

If I'm interlocking from projector 1 to projector 2, what would be the proper way to set up the cues. Should I just set 2 cues at the start of the credits for Twilight and then press stop when the credits end on projector 2? And then would I just add 1 cue at the point where I would want the lights to go down for New Moon?

|  IP: Logged

Bernie Anderson Jr
Master Film Handler

- posted 06-24-2010 02:23 PM      Profile for Bernie Anderson Jr   Author's Homepage   Email Bernie Anderson Jr   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
From what I remember, I would but a ton of leader between two prints. Still put the 3 cues on the end of the film, but set the one setting from Norm (or Run) to Inter. That's your intermission setting. On that 3 cue it should stop. I'm not sure if it would work with the interlock though. In that case, I would just hit stop and the interlock will shut the machines down and go into standby mode. The start lights should start blinking on the projector that is locked and the start light on the other projector will be off.

John Walsh
Film God

- posted 06-24-2010 06:27 PM      Profile for John Walsh   Email John Walsh   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Cue the film normally, except there needs to be 8 cues at the beginning; (at about the "10" on the countdown leader.) That tells the maxi you are interlocking.

Press 'interlock' and 'interlock feed thru'.

Interlock feed-thru button passes the interlock to the next projector (usually the one to the right, but that varies depending on the installer's wiring and/or the layout of the booth.

Press 'show end mode'; that stops the projectors when the 'one' cue goes through instead of waiting for the film to run out.

All times are Central (GMT -6:00)  
   Close Topic    Move Topic    Delete Topic    next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To: