Film-Tech Cinema Systems
Film-Tech Forum ARCHIVE

my profile | my password | search | faq & rules | forum home
  next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Film-Tech Forum ARCHIVE   » Operations   » Film Handlers' Forum   » Mounting a Kelmar film cleaner on a FP20?

Author Topic: Mounting a Kelmar film cleaner on a FP20?
Alan Gouger
Jedi Master Film Handler

- posted 06-17-2010 09:34 AM      Profile for Alan Gouger   Author's Homepage   Email Alan Gouger   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Anyone have a picture of a Kelmar mounted to a FP20?
Ill be running 2 & 6k reels ( no film transport ) need to get creative finding a way to mount the film cleaner. Looking for ideas?
I have a unit without a door with a turret.

Thanks guys.

|  IP: Logged

Tony Bandiera Jr
Film God

- posted 06-17-2010 12:43 PM      Profile for Tony Bandiera Jr   Email Tony Bandiera Jr   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Alan, I can't find my picture of the setup, but what you need is one of the platter tree brackets (I have two available) and a plate of aluminum to mount a Kelmar to FP-20. I made the plate the height of the bracket (about 6" I believe) and about 6-8 " deep.

With a helper, I held the cleaner on this assembly in position (With film threaded for alignment) and drilled two holes into the face of the projector and mounted them with 1/4-20 flathead bolts.

Come to think of it, I may have the plates too. I will be going back to the room next week and will double check.

Alan Gouger
Jedi Master Film Handler

- posted 06-17-2010 02:15 PM      Profile for Alan Gouger   Author's Homepage   Email Alan Gouger   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Hi Tony thanks for the helpful reply. Ill sit tight until next week. I would really like to incorporate the cleaner if at all possible to benefit from the use of Film Guard.

Thanks again.

All times are Central (GMT -6:00)  
   Close Topic    Move Topic    Delete Topic    next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To: