Film-Tech Cinema Systems
Film-Tech Forum ARCHIVE

my profile | my password | search | faq & rules | forum home
  next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Film-Tech Forum ARCHIVE   » Operations   » Film Handlers' Forum   » XD10P firmware (Page 1)

This topic comprises 2 pages: 1  2 

Author Topic: XD10P firmware
Matt Young
Film Handler

- posted 06-11-2010 05:49 PM      Profile for Matt Young   Author's Homepage   Email Matt Young   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Does anyone have the .hex file for firmware on an XD10P? I tried updating to V1.5 (hex 1.4) and my processor wont give me any sound. All the format lights are lit up on the front, I tried to restore default settings, nothing.

I'd like to roll back the firmware and see if that works.

If anyone has the .hex file for 1.2 or 1.3 PLEASE let me know. we had to cancel shows in this auditorium tonight because of it

|  IP: Logged

Demetris Thoupis
Phenomenal Film Handler

- posted 06-11-2010 06:11 PM      Profile for Demetris Thoupis   Email Demetris Thoupis   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
It's not a matter of firmware. Did you save your configuration before upgrading the firmware? If not you reconfigure it. Also did you take into account this document ?
Demetris

Matt Young
Film Handler

- posted 06-11-2010 06:21 PM      Profile for Matt Young   Author's Homepage   Email Matt Young   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Yes, I followed that document to the letter. I've done this several times before, this is the first time I've had a problem with it.

After I uploaded the new firmware on this XD10P, when I cycle the power on, all the format buttons light up and I have nothing on my fader display. I have no sound, I can not select formats, I cant even reconnect to it to reload my settings, nothing.

I thought maybe if I rolled back my firmware it might solve the problem

Demetris Thoupis
Phenomenal Film Handler

- posted 06-12-2010 03:08 AM      Profile for Demetris Thoupis   Email Demetris Thoupis   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
This is the case Matt when it ain't broke don't fix it.

Did you try this document for corrupted files?

Did you upgrade your software also? The new firmware requires the latest software.

When you uploaded the control card did you kept the button pressed to put it into upload mode? Try and run a complete firmware upgrade again to version 1.5 which you have starting from the control card, then nr left, nr right, matrix, eq 1, eq 2. Note that in each step you need to cycle the power. Only for the control card upgrade you need to put the unit in upload mode. Hope this helps.

Demetris

Matt Young
Film Handler

- posted 06-12-2010 06:08 PM      Profile for Matt Young   Author's Homepage   Email Matt Young   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Demetris,

I tried that document also and it did not work.

It was "broke" and I was trying to fix it by upgrading the firmware on it.

I've tried multiple times to reinstall the new firmware but it does nothing. The only time I can connect to it is when I'm upgrading firmware, otherwise it won't let me connect.

I was on the phone with tech support last night, I had already tried everything he suggested. I asked him if he could send me an older version of firmware. He said he would call me back and never did.

I have no idea what to do. this auditorium is closed down until I can get this fixed.

Demetris Thoupis
Phenomenal Film Handler

- posted 06-12-2010 06:24 PM      Profile for Demetris Thoupis   Email Demetris Thoupis   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
It sounds like the control card is corrupted. Contact Clint from USL and they can guide you perhaps a bit more thorough as DTS is using the USL JSD80 unit. I would exchange the control card between two units to see if the problem moves but don't try any further firmware upgrades. One silly suggestion, did you check that the power kettle socket is fully plugged in as well as the backup power supply? Doesn't the unit work even in bypass? What was the `broke` reason?
Demetris

Matt Young
Film Handler

- posted 06-12-2010 06:39 PM      Profile for Matt Young   Author's Homepage   Email Matt Young   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
the processor was not switching formats like it should. I had that problem in the past with a couple other XD10P's and solved it by upgrading the firmware. And yes, I pulled the control card from another unit last night and swapped it, it's definitely the control card.

I'll try to get a hold of him on monday. I'm guessing they aren't there on weekends...

Demetris Thoupis
Phenomenal Film Handler

- posted 06-12-2010 06:53 PM      Profile for Demetris Thoupis   Email Demetris Thoupis   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Matt when you moved the card, did you try reloading the 1.5 firmware on the control card via the other unit (not upgrading the one which is working)? There was a ground issue on older XD10P units. What was the broken issue you mentioned and you tried to fix?
Demetris

Matt Young
Film Handler

- posted 06-12-2010 08:31 PM      Profile for Matt Young   Author's Homepage   Email Matt Young   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
yes, I tried to reload the firmware from the other unit where I moved the bad card.

The issue was my processor was not switching formats like it should, that's why I tried to update my firmware. I've tried everything I can think of. I think the control card is corrupt. This should be fun

Demetris Thoupis
Phenomenal Film Handler

- posted 06-13-2010 01:25 AM      Profile for Demetris Thoupis   Email Demetris Thoupis   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
I found the XD10P an excellent and reliable processor with many advances feautures not usually found at a processor this price range. That being said units I service ran on 1.3 firmware and never had a problem. Their SR emulation is much better than Smart and even the CP 45. Of course the same goes for the JSD80 unit. There is a software which allows you to upload any eprom bootfile which i think that is your problem on the card. Program is called FDT I think but as I said above Clint is the most suitable to chime with a solution.
Demetris

Matt Young
Film Handler

- posted 06-14-2010 11:02 AM      Profile for Matt Young   Author's Homepage   Email Matt Young   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
I agree, they are excellent processors.

Do you have Clint's contact information?

I called DTS tech support again today and I got their answering machine again.

Thanks

Ken Lackner
Phenomenal Film Handler

- posted 06-14-2010 11:44 AM      Profile for Ken Lackner   Email Ken Lackner   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
USL's office number is 085-549-0161. Ask for Clint.

Matt Young
Film Handler

- posted 06-14-2010 12:11 PM      Profile for Matt Young   Author's Homepage   Email Matt Young   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Thanks, I called USL and asked for Clint. He isn't working today so she asked what I needed. She took my phone number and said she would have someone call me back. She called back and told me I have to go through DTS for tech support to get this fixed.

With DTS, I've been talking to some guy named Paresh (who barely speaks english) since Friday and I've gotten NOWHERE. I've had to explain to him three times what happened and he replies with "Have you tried upgrading the firmware?"... Yes, Paresh, that's how I got in this predicament. He asks one question, says he is going to "consult his engineers" and will call me back. Each time he takes ATLEAST an hour to call back with no solution. This last time he gave me his email address and told me to write exactly what the problem is and email it to him.

I think if I could roll back the firmware to V1.3 that might do it. I just don't know what to do. This auditorium is down and I really need help

Sean McKinnon
Phenomenal Film Handler

- posted 06-14-2010 01:03 PM      Profile for Sean McKinnon   Author's Homepage   Email Sean McKinnon   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Is there no optical mono Bypass on the XD10?

Matt Young
Film Handler

- posted 06-14-2010 01:09 PM      Profile for Matt Young   Author's Homepage   Email Matt Young   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Finally got a call back from DTS and my non-english speaking friend wants me to send the unit in for repair!? I can't have an auditorium down for a week!

All times are Central (GMT -6:00)
This topic comprises 2 pages: 1  2 

Close Topic    Move Topic    Delete Topic    next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To: