Film-Tech Cinema Systems
Film-Tech Forum ARCHIVE

my profile | my password | search | faq & rules | forum home
  next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Film-Tech Forum ARCHIVE   » Operations   » Film Handlers' Forum   » Has anybody got a manual for a Xenolite H20 lamphouse?

Author Topic: Has anybody got a manual for a Xenolite H20 lamphouse?
Bruce McGee
Phenomenal Film Handler

- posted 05-25-2010 06:04 PM      Profile for Bruce McGee   Email Bruce McGee   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
I looked through the manuals for a Christie/Xenolite lamphouse manual, and found one for the H30 and the H40. My lamphouse is much smaller.

Also, can someone tell me what type lamp this unit uses? I have a 1000 watt Strong power supply.

Also, does anybody have a spare KEY for the xenolite lamphouse? I'd sure like to have one!

Thanks
Bruce

|  IP: Logged

Louis Bornwasser
Film God

- posted 05-25-2010 07:02 PM      Profile for Louis Bornwasser   Author's Homepage   Email Louis Bornwasser   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Older Christie manuals are almost worthless. It is noteworthy that your 3 kw manuals are nearly the same as the H-20. Even the schematic is about the same unless you have a single phase rectifier. Email me if you can give me an address for a hard copy.

Use a CXL-20 or XBO-2000whtp bulb.

The DC connects just as is normal; likewise the ground. However the Strong typically needs 120volt/AC to operate. The Christie provides a contact closure to run Christie rectifiers (They supply 208v internally.) Louis

Bruce McGee
Phenomenal Film Handler

- posted 05-26-2010 09:35 PM      Profile for Bruce McGee   Email Bruce McGee   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Thanks, Louis. Email sent to you.

Louis Bornwasser
Film God

- posted 05-28-2010 09:46 AM      Profile for Louis Bornwasser   Author's Homepage   Email Louis Bornwasser   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Manuals being mailed today. Louis

Steve Guttag
We forgot the crackers Gromit!!!

- posted 05-28-2010 07:10 PM      Profile for Steve Guttag   Email Steve Guttag   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
We do have an H20 manual...will get it to F-T when practical. We're a bit too busy at the moment to scan it in.

Steve

Bruce McGee
Phenomenal Film Handler

- posted 05-29-2010 07:16 AM      Profile for Bruce McGee   Email Bruce McGee   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Thanks, Steve.

No hurry, as I have a feeling that I may be the only one here that is attempting to run one of these critters.

Sean McKinnon
Phenomenal Film Handler

- posted 05-29-2010 12:19 PM      Profile for Sean McKinnon   Author's Homepage   Email Sean McKinnon   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
I had a few locations that still ran with these lamphouses when I was doing service. Supposedly there is an upgrade kit that make's the light output a lot better.

Louis Bornwasser
Film God

- posted 05-29-2010 04:17 PM      Profile for Louis Bornwasser   Author's Homepage   Email Louis Bornwasser   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Several, in fact. Christie has the Phonxix kit. Hadden has our adapter that includes a super lumex reflector.

Increases from 3 ft/lm to 55 ft/lm are usual. Louis

Mike Croaro
Master Film Handler

- posted 05-29-2010 04:40 PM      Profile for Mike Croaro   Email Mike Croaro   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
"Christie/Xenolite lamphouse"

Bruce:

Is that one of the old verticle lamphouses?

Mike

Sean McKinnon
Phenomenal Film Handler

- posted 05-29-2010 04:56 PM      Profile for Sean McKinnon   Author's Homepage   Email Sean McKinnon   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
I was going to say that I thought there was one that used a super lume-x refelctor but I wasn't sure of it.

Mark Gulbrandsen
Resident Trollmaster

- posted 05-29-2010 07:33 PM      Profile for Mark Gulbrandsen   Email Mark Gulbrandsen   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
The Phoenix kit will not fit into any of the Christie lamphouses, it was only meant to go into their consoles. It is to high with the blower on top. If you mounted the plenum blower externally it might barely cram into an H-30 or H-40. I have put then into CFS consoles with some modifications.

Andrew Zimmerman
Film Handler

- posted 05-31-2010 05:31 PM      Profile for Andrew Zimmerman   Email Andrew Zimmerman   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Bruce.

You're not the only one running these. I have 3 of them with the conversions. The blower and the P/S fan died recently. The fan was an easy find but I'm having a hard time finding a replacement blower as the Dayton 4C446 appears to be discontinued. Does anyone know of anything that I could try?

Steve Guttag
We forgot the crackers Gromit!!!

- posted 05-31-2010 06:52 PM      Profile for Steve Guttag   Email Steve Guttag   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
The 4C446 was replaced by the 1TD7 blower (or letters to that effect. Same flange dimensions though the blower body, now ball bearing rather than sleeve, is a different diameter.

Steve

John Walsh
Film God

- posted 05-31-2010 07:39 PM      Profile for John Walsh   Email John Walsh   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Steve is correct. I will add that Xetron used the two existing screws (that held a bezel on the impeller side in place) to secure the air vane switch. The distance between those screws changed; I had to redesign the switch bracket to match.

Louis Bornwasser
Film God

- posted 05-31-2010 08:21 PM      Profile for Louis Bornwasser   Author's Homepage   Email Louis Bornwasser   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
46446 is still available exactly like before, but not from Grainger. AOL must have taken over the Mexican factory when Dayton went to Chine. Use Google. Louis

All times are Central (GMT -6:00)  
   Close Topic    Move Topic    Delete Topic    next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To: