Film-Tech Cinema Systems
Film-Tech Forum ARCHIVE

my profile | my password | search | faq & rules | forum home
  next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Film-Tech Forum ARCHIVE   » Operations   » Film Handlers' Forum   » Very Strange AW-3 LED Adjustment Problem

Author Topic: Very Strange AW-3 LED Adjustment Problem
Mark Gulbrandsen
Resident Trollmaster

- posted 05-21-2010 10:17 PM      Profile for Mark Gulbrandsen   Email Mark Gulbrandsen   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
One customer's AW-3 has developed a very strange problem. When I go to adjust the LED level the top and middle deck LED adjustments interact and there is little to no change at all on the bottom deck adjutment. The problem is not in LED card, I tried a different one. Does anyone out there have a schematic available? I do know one exists and It would help to see what is commoned and what is not in terms o the LED lines.

Thanks!
Mark

|  IP: Logged

Michael Voiland
Expert Film Handler

- posted 05-22-2010 02:12 AM      Profile for Michael Voiland   Email Michael Voiland   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
iceco has a newer manual then the film tech site
http://iceco.com/Christie/ChristieAW3R.pdf
page 74

Randy Stankey
Film God

- posted 05-22-2010 07:36 AM      Profile for Randy Stankey   Email Randy Stankey   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Strictly just a guess on my part but I would suspect something wrong with the power supply.

Wasn't there an issue with the fourth power control card in some Christie platters? I'm not sure. I seem to remember something about that.

The only thing I can think of is to swap modules around to see if the problem moves.

Mark Gulbrandsen
Resident Trollmaster

- posted 05-22-2010 08:45 AM      Profile for Mark Gulbrandsen   Email Mark Gulbrandsen   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Was able to get the schematic last night off the Christie Partner Portal. I have swapped LED cards around and it's not that. I am thinking it may a short or open to the bottom platter sensor or an open center tap on the transformer. Since the top two LED adjustments interact the open center tap may be likely as it is the common refrence for the LED card. All the transformer does is to light up the lamps in the end of the arms and supply power to the LED card. I'm working on it this morning so will soon know.

Mark

Mark Gulbrandsen
Resident Trollmaster

- posted 05-22-2010 12:43 PM      Profile for Mark Gulbrandsen   Email Mark Gulbrandsen   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Found a badly crimped pin in the LED line for bottom platter in the Molex connector in the column. I had this happen at another location a numberof years back... The platters at both locations would randomly brain wrap.... Thislocation has a miniwind and it would pull the print off set and some times throw the print.

Eric Robinson
Jedi Master Film Handler

- posted 05-24-2010 01:55 PM      Profile for Eric Robinson   Email Eric Robinson   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
miniwind [puke]

Gordon McLeod
Film God

- posted 05-24-2010 02:57 PM      Profile for Gordon McLeod   Email Gordon McLeod   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Get a ORC or a Strong and have a reel platter [Smile]

Mark Gulbrandsen
Resident Trollmaster

- posted 05-24-2010 10:25 PM      Profile for Mark Gulbrandsen   Email Mark Gulbrandsen   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Yes, the booths are too small for full size platters... at least by code. With thinner estar filum the Miniwind isn't as much a limiting factor as it used to be. They run fine.

I have no problem with Strong platters. ORC is more or less all for the junk yard though.

Mark

Richard Hamilton
Phenomenal Film Handler

- posted 05-25-2010 12:55 PM      Profile for Richard Hamilton   Email Richard Hamilton   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
quote: Mark Gulbrandsen
I have no problem with Strong platters.
[Eek!]

Holy shit , Mark must be drinking alot of watered down beer. Maybe got his membership renewed? [beer]

Tony Bandiera Jr
Film God

- posted 05-25-2010 02:10 PM      Profile for Tony Bandiera Jr   Email Tony Bandiera Jr   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Mark, I hope that wasn't the Miniwind I sold you a while back... [Frown]

Eric, ain't nothin wrong with the Miniwind...it is perfect if you do rentals like I did for a while, beats trying to lug a full-size platter around (although I would love to have an Eprad Sword instead.)

I don't do rentals anymore so it doesn't matter now I guess.

Mark Gulbrandsen
Resident Trollmaster

- posted 05-26-2010 05:11 AM      Profile for Mark Gulbrandsen   Email Mark Gulbrandsen   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
I don't think it was Tony. These two came from different sources although both in California.

Mark

System Notices
Forum Watchdog / Soup Nazi

- posted 09-27-2012 05:55 PM      Profile for System Notices         Edit/Delete Post 

It has been 855 days since the last post.

Giorgio Volpi
Film Handler

- posted 09-27-2012 05:55 PM      Profile for Giorgio Volpi   Email Giorgio Volpi   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Hi everybody, I'm looking for the components code of 192847-001 or 002 (control sensor assy). Can anybody help? Thanks in advance. Regards, Giorgio .

All times are Central (GMT -6:00)  
   Close Topic    Move Topic    Delete Topic    next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To: