Film-Tech Cinema Systems
Film-Tech Forum ARCHIVE

my profile | my password | search | faq & rules | forum home
  next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Film-Tech Forum ARCHIVE   » Operations   » Film Handlers' Forum   » Shrek 4 - they listened about the locked can

Author Topic: Shrek 4 - they listened about the locked can
Mike Blakesley
Film God

- posted 05-17-2010 02:32 PM      Profile for Mike Blakesley   Author's Homepage   Email Mike Blakesley   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Well some good news from Deluxe this morning -- Shrek 4 will have one locked can, but the UNLOCKED can will have the trailers and reels 1 & 2. So maybe some of our gripes from Iron Man 2 got to the right place.

|  IP: Logged

Matt Johnston
Film Handler

- posted 05-17-2010 04:50 PM      Profile for Matt Johnston   Email Matt Johnston   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
I saw this earlier. Can't say that I'm happy, but definitely better than the alternatives.

I wonder when the hard drives will be delivered for 3D shows....

John Wilson
Film God

- posted 05-17-2010 06:01 PM      Profile for John Wilson   Email John Wilson   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
The day after it opens. Good news is the keys will be out 2 days early. [Razz]

Joe Redifer
You need a beating today

- posted 05-17-2010 06:46 PM      Profile for Joe Redifer   Author's Homepage   Email Joe Redifer   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
They really should ship it on two separate hard drives. The odd minutes on one and the even minutes on the other. One of the drives will have a padlock on it. Knowing the studios, it would be a magnetic lock.

Michael Hossen
Expert Film Handler

- posted 05-17-2010 10:27 PM      Profile for Michael Hossen   Author's Homepage   Email Michael Hossen   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Oh Joe, you never cease to amuse me.

Dominic Espinosa
Phenomenal Film Handler

- posted 05-19-2010 02:38 PM      Profile for Dominic Espinosa   Email Dominic Espinosa   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Not that I'm condoning this practice or that we do it but...

Take a wood block, set it on the top of the lock body. Hit with hammer.

Lock pops open without breaking it.

Geena Phillips
Expert Film Handler

- posted 05-20-2010 11:35 AM      Profile for Geena Phillips   Author's Homepage   Email Geena Phillips   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
So, did anyone else's Deluxe depot get this exactly backward? All three of my prints, at two locations, had reels 1&2, plus the trailers, in the locked can. Dipshits.

Ross Oba
Expert Film Handler

- posted 05-20-2010 10:51 PM      Profile for Ross Oba   Email Ross Oba   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Our print was "correctly" locked, however none of the combos worked. I called them and they told me to use bolt cutters to open it. You'd think after years of this practice they would do it properly.

All times are Central (GMT -6:00)  
   Close Topic    Move Topic    Delete Topic    next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To: