Film-Tech Cinema Systems
Film-Tech Forum ARCHIVE

my profile | my password | search | faq & rules | forum home
  next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Film-Tech Forum ARCHIVE   » Operations   » Film Handlers' Forum   » The Back-Up Plan Trailer

Author Topic: The Back-Up Plan Trailer
Jeremy Weigel
Phenomenal Film Handler

- posted 04-04-2010 11:22 PM      Profile for Jeremy Weigel   Email Jeremy Weigel   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Received a new trailer for CBS Films' "The Back-up Plan" with a green band spliced on. As you can see the green band isn't even part of the production run.  - Are they so new that they can't print the green band as part of the trailer?

|  IP: Logged

Jarret Chessell
Master Film Handler

- posted 04-05-2010 12:35 AM      Profile for Jarret Chessell   Email Jarret Chessell   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
It could be part of the recycling program [Smile]

Greg Routenburg
Expert Film Handler

- posted 04-06-2010 11:47 AM      Profile for Greg Routenburg   Email Greg Routenburg   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
It's possible the studio re-allocated some international trailers to the US and had the film service attach the green band for US exhibition. This sort of thing happens all the time in Canada only in reverse where a US trailer is re-allocated to Canada and the green tags have to be pulled before they are shipped for Canadian exhibition.

Jonathan Smith
Expert Film Handler

- posted 04-16-2010 09:16 AM      Profile for Jonathan Smith   Email Jonathan Smith   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
I ran into this too, forgetting the post had already mentioned it.

The trailer MPAA band that is tape-spliced on is an old optical one, with the high-magenta optical soundtrack too.

I bet this was a mistake that someone at the lab got fired for. Having someone make 2,000 splices is a lot of extra labor.

Mark Strube
Master Film Handler

- posted 04-16-2010 05:59 PM      Profile for Mark Strube   Author's Homepage   Email Mark Strube   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Every single print we have of that trailer has that same splice.

Joe Elliott
Master Film Handler

- posted 04-16-2010 06:46 PM      Profile for Joe Elliott   Email Joe Elliott   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Ours too had the old rating band with only optical. It was all printed with no splice.

Richard P. May
Expert Film Handler

- posted 04-17-2010 10:13 AM      Profile for Richard P. May   Email Richard P. May   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Is it possible that the rating was changed after the bulk of the trailers were printed, requiring the tags to be changed?
A big job, yes, but probably less expensive than reprinting all the trailers.

Jonathan Smith
Expert Film Handler

- posted 04-17-2010 02:22 PM      Profile for Jonathan Smith   Email Jonathan Smith   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
I thought they could just use "This film is not just rated" bands, no?

My money's still on some lab tech F-ing up the whole run [Big Grin]

All times are Central (GMT -6:00)  
   Close Topic    Move Topic    Delete Topic    next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To: