Film-Tech Cinema Systems
Film-Tech Forum ARCHIVE

my profile | my password | search | faq & rules | forum home
  next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Film-Tech Forum ARCHIVE   » Operations   » Film Handlers' Forum   » Kelmar cleaner bracket

Author Topic: Kelmar cleaner bracket
Sally Ann Burgess
Expert Film Handler

- posted 02-24-2010 01:43 PM      Profile for Sally Ann Burgess   Email Sally Ann Burgess   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
I recently bought a Kelmar cleaner through Ebay, and the bracket that came with it is a projector bracket. But the bypass roller assembly is missing except for the screw. I've emailed the sellers but as of yet no response.
Anyway, I am intending to projector mount the cleaner on one projector, and platter mount the other two (one of our AW3s is the wrong side of the projector and no room for platter mount) but how easy would it be to make a couple of platter brackets? What are the dimensions?
Would be curious to know how everyone else mounts theirs.

|  IP: Logged

Jeremy Weigel
Phenomenal Film Handler

- posted 02-24-2010 04:12 PM      Profile for Jeremy Weigel   Email Jeremy Weigel   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Sally, I have a few projector brackets if you're interested. Just PM me.

Sally Ann Burgess
Expert Film Handler

- posted 02-25-2010 02:03 PM      Profile for Sally Ann Burgess   Email Sally Ann Burgess   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Thanks for that Jeremy, however I just got a reply from the sellers and they are sending me the roller.
The cleaner sticks out quite a bit from the projector backing so the angle of the film would be all wrong. I'm playing around with all different ways of mounting this cleaner but the only thing I can think of is having someone cut a square above the projector head to fit the cleaner into!
Will use platter brackets for the other two AW3s, which is soooo much easier!!

Jeremy Weigel
Phenomenal Film Handler

- posted 02-25-2010 06:36 PM      Profile for Jeremy Weigel   Email Jeremy Weigel   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Be sure when mounting it to the projector to mount it above any digital readers you may have or you'll have to readjust your lip-sync.

All times are Central (GMT -6:00)  
   Close Topic    Move Topic    Delete Topic    next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To: