Film-Tech Cinema Systems
Film-Tech Forum ARCHIVE

my profile | my password | search | faq & rules | forum home
  next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Film-Tech Forum ARCHIVE   » Operations   » Film Handlers' Forum   » Strong xenon PS type 61000-1 Help please!

Author Topic: Strong xenon PS type 61000-1 Help please!
Bruce McGee
Phenomenal Film Handler

- posted 02-20-2010 04:39 PM      Profile for Bruce McGee   Email Bruce McGee   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
I just aquired a Strong 61000-1 supply that runs on 220 volts. I've been looking through the manuals page, and cant seem to find the manual for this one. I'm not going to do any more than clean it up until I get the manual in my cold hands.

Thank you for any and all help.

Bruce

|  IP: Logged

Mark Gulbrandsen
Resident Trollmaster

- posted 02-20-2010 09:54 PM      Profile for Mark Gulbrandsen   Email Mark Gulbrandsen   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
What help do you need... other than the cold clamy owners manual?

Adam Martin
I'm not even gonna point out the irony.

- posted 02-20-2010 11:41 PM      Profile for Adam Martin   Author's Homepage   Email Adam Martin       Edit/Delete Post 
There are two manuals for the 61001 under Lamphouses and Xenon Power Supplies. Neither one works for you?

Bruce McGee
Phenomenal Film Handler

- posted 02-21-2010 06:39 AM      Profile for Bruce McGee   Email Bruce McGee   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
This one runs on 220 volts. I wasn't sure that it would be the same as the ones in the manuals forum as the ones there are 120 volt units.

Nothing known wrong with this supply, yet, Mark. I'm strange this way. I like having everything together before I power things up!

I'll go and download the 120v manuals and see whats up.

Louis Bornwasser
Film God

- posted 02-21-2010 10:21 AM      Profile for Louis Bornwasser   Author's Homepage   Email Louis Bornwasser   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
After cleaning, install the biggest blower you can find in this and it will be just fine. Dirt and the factory blower proved to be inadequate.

Failure mode was diodes that blew upon shutdown. (Collapsing field square wave at peak.) Louis

Mark Gulbrandsen
Resident Trollmaster

- posted 02-21-2010 10:28 AM      Profile for Mark Gulbrandsen   Email Mark Gulbrandsen   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Actually I rarely ever had diodes fail in them... more often the blocking diode than any other part. I've also seen connectiopns in them burn up and eventually almost every power transformer also burned up on the 120 volt units.

Mark

Adam Martin

- posted 02-21-2010 12:14 PM      Profile for Adam Martin   Author's Homepage   Email Adam Martin       Edit/Delete Post 
What am I missing? Both of these manuals say 208/230v. [Confused]

Strong xenon power supply high reactance type 61001 (early version with 8 position switch)

Strong xenon power supply high reactance type 61001 (late version with 6 position switch)

Jeremy Weigel
Phenomenal Film Handler

- posted 02-21-2010 01:58 PM      Profile for Jeremy Weigel   Email Jeremy Weigel   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
quote: Adam Martin
What am I missing? Both of these manuals say 208/230v.
quote:
What am I missing? Both of these manuals say 208/230v. [Confused]

Strong xenon power supply high reactance type 61001 (early version with 8 position switch)

Strong xenon power supply high reactance type 61001 (late version with 6 position switch)

He has a 61000-1 and those are for a 61001.

[Big Grin]

Phil Hill
I love my cootie bug

- posted 02-21-2010 02:10 PM      Profile for Phil Hill   Email Phil Hill       Edit/Delete Post 
Adam, you need to shave that cookie duster...you're beginning to look like Mark... [Razz]

Bruce McGee
Phenomenal Film Handler

- posted 02-21-2010 02:14 PM      Profile for Bruce McGee   Email Bruce McGee   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
I'm confused too. All these 1's and 0's... Its like a digital nightmare! [evil]

OK: The 61000 manual that I downloaded is apparently the right one. On the cover of the actual manual copy, it states that the 61000-1 is the 16mm version. I only plan to run a 1000 watt lamp anyway, so this should be fine. I went ahead and printed the manual. I'll do some happy reading today.

I thought I was getting away from 16mm stuff... Guess again!

Adam Martin

- posted 02-21-2010 03:29 PM      Profile for Adam Martin   Author's Homepage   Email Adam Martin       Edit/Delete Post 
Oh, I get it. You want a manual that matches your equipment! [Razz]

Mark Gulbrandsen
Resident Trollmaster

- posted 02-21-2010 04:30 PM      Profile for Mark Gulbrandsen   Email Mark Gulbrandsen   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
I think he'll find the two are very similar. I know where there are two burned out 61000 single phase units in case he needs a unit to match his service manual..... [Confused]

Bruce McGee
Phenomenal Film Handler

- posted 02-21-2010 06:29 PM      Profile for Bruce McGee   Email Bruce McGee   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Oh yeah, match the equipment. OK. I guess that might work.

I appreciate your concern, Adam. [Big Grin]

All times are Central (GMT -6:00)  
   Close Topic    Move Topic    Delete Topic    next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To: