Film-Tech Cinema Systems
Film-Tech Forum ARCHIVE

my profile | my password | search | faq & rules | forum home
  next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Film-Tech Forum ARCHIVE   » Operations   » Film Handlers' Forum   » Looking for information on an RCA Pedestal

Author Topic: Looking for information on an RCA Pedestal
Paul Trimboli
Master Film Handler

- posted 02-17-2010 06:03 AM      Profile for Paul Trimboli   Email Paul Trimboli   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
I have had a request from a friend of mine to find out some information on this RCA Pedestal. It was installed in 1949, he said that the soundhead and amps where imported from the UK so he assumes this is also from there. Has anyone seen this type before?

-

|  IP: Logged

Gordon McLeod
Film God

- posted 02-17-2010 10:03 AM      Profile for Gordon McLeod   Email Gordon McLeod   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Those were the streamline base used often with the BX80 serries with the art deco covers

Ken McFall
Jedi Master Film Handler

- posted 02-17-2010 01:36 PM      Profile for Ken McFall   Email Ken McFall   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
The Peerless Magnarcs seem to have streamline/Art Deco ribs at the back.... cool [thumbsup]

any more pics...

Phil Hill
I love my cootie bug

- posted 02-17-2010 02:32 PM      Profile for Phil Hill   Email Phil Hill       Edit/Delete Post 
 -

Jim Cassedy
Phenomenal Film Handler

- posted 02-17-2010 03:29 PM      Profile for Jim Cassedy   Email Jim Cassedy   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
I've seen that type base installed on the "Deco" version of
the BX-80 (like in Phil's picture) on an installation that I
know dates back to 1939. So that style base is at least that
old, if not older. All the the "Deco" BX-80's I've run into
had Peerless Magnarcs, but I see the lamphouse in Phil's
picture is an Brenkert Eniarc. Still a nice set up though!

Damien Taylor
Master Film Handler

- posted 02-17-2010 08:34 PM      Profile for Damien Taylor   Email Damien Taylor   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
What theatre's booth is that Paul, Metro?

Martin McCaffery
Film God

- posted 02-17-2010 09:19 PM      Profile for Martin McCaffery   Author's Homepage   Email Martin McCaffery   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Here's a fuller view of the pedestal
 -

Paul Trimboli
Master Film Handler

- posted 02-18-2010 04:40 AM      Profile for Paul Trimboli   Email Paul Trimboli   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
My first thought when I saw it was that it was the base of a Brenkert. I will pass this info on.

Damien its was from the Hoyts in Fremantle.

Sam D. Chavez
Film God

- posted 02-18-2010 09:38 AM      Profile for Sam D. Chavez   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
It was probably made by Brenkert for RCA.

RCA sold complete, re-badged booth equipment packages, including Brenkert 100's, Ashcraft lamps; even down to the Zipper douser to go with the RCA sound systems for a time.

Gordon McLeod
Film God

- posted 02-18-2010 02:06 PM      Profile for Gordon McLeod   Email Gordon McLeod   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
I beleive that RCA owned Brenkert at least towards the end
originally I beleive it was a mutal licensing arrangement

All times are Central (GMT -6:00)  
   Close Topic    Move Topic    Delete Topic    next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To: