Film-Tech Cinema Systems
Film-Tech Forum ARCHIVE

my profile | my password | search | faq & rules | forum home
  next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Film-Tech Forum ARCHIVE   » Operations   » Film Handlers' Forum   » Strange XD-10 Problem

Author Topic: Strange XD-10 Problem
Mark Gulbrandsen
Resident Trollmaster

- posted 02-13-2010 01:15 PM      Profile for Mark Gulbrandsen   Email Mark Gulbrandsen   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
I have an XD-10 from a customer that when it boots up it has the usual ready on the LCD screen PLUS it also has a clock. This player constantly re-boots as well. Version is 2.1.07. When I install another hard drive in the player with the system on it I just get the usual Ready indication. Anyone else having a problem like this? I believe it's related to one of the films thats loaded on the drive with edge of darkness being the newest. I guess I can delete content until the problem goes away but I;d first like to know if it's the software for a particulura film causing this.

I will post a video on You-Tube and put the link yup later so you can see the screen and what the player does.

Thanks!
Mark

|  IP: Logged

Darryl Spicer
Film God

- posted 02-13-2010 01:55 PM      Profile for Darryl Spicer     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
I had a problem with one of our units. It started booting and go through the file check process then start rebooting again. It never made it to the ready screen. It had the latest version of the software on it. I guess something got corrupted in the file structure so I just reinstalled the software and this corrected the problem. Not sure if that is the same problem that you are encountering.

Gordon McLeod
Film God

- posted 02-13-2010 02:11 PM      Profile for Gordon McLeod   Email Gordon McLeod   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
I have had that and it was a bad memory simm

Steve Guttag
We forgot the crackers Gromit!!!

- posted 02-13-2010 03:05 PM      Profile for Steve Guttag   Email Steve Guttag   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Have you pressed the Up/Down arrows while on the ready screen? You can have different supplemental information displayed. If you keep pressing up...you should get to just "ready"

A unit that reboots on its own can have several issues...including the hard drive, the firmware or even a motherboard issue (I've had them all).

Steve

Mark Gulbrandsen
Resident Trollmaster

- posted 02-13-2010 04:06 PM      Profile for Mark Gulbrandsen   Email Mark Gulbrandsen   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Here's what it's doing... You can't get rid of it no matter what you do. Another HD with the same OS on it does get rid of it. I just want to be sure it's not one of the software sets loaded on the drive thats causeing it. Otherwise the customer may get it back with the fresh HD and reload his content and expereince the same thing again...

Steve... Whan you keep hitting the left button it should take you back to just th screen that syas "ready". Nothing else should be there except perhaps the counter for the film that's loaded. However I can scroll up through the items you mention from the clock. But then just back down to the clock itself... can't get rid of it.

Here it is with a different drive and same OS.

Mark

Steve Guttag

- posted 02-13-2010 04:10 PM      Profile for Steve Guttag   Email Steve Guttag   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
You've tried up and down arrows on that screen (not left/right)?

Mark Gulbrandsen
Resident Trollmaster

- posted 02-13-2010 04:13 PM      Profile for Mark Gulbrandsen   Email Mark Gulbrandsen   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Yep! You can scroll up from the clock but not down from it. The clock is like it's stuck at the bottom of the list. I'm thinking that I could probably delete all the contents and it would go away but that doesn't tell me the solution. I'd just like to know which loaded feature is causing it if indeed it is a software issue with one of the features.

It does exactly what it should do with the new drive and OS.

Steve Guttag

- posted 02-13-2010 04:21 PM      Profile for Steve Guttag   Email Steve Guttag   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Sounds like it is worth a call/email to Mike Smith

Steve

Mark Gulbrandsen
Resident Trollmaster

- posted 02-13-2010 04:26 PM      Profile for Mark Gulbrandsen   Email Mark Gulbrandsen   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Was thinking the same thing earlier... I'll send this to him on Monday.

Demetris Thoupis
Phenomenal Film Handler

- posted 02-14-2010 01:39 AM      Profile for Demetris Thoupis   Email Demetris Thoupis   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Or Better yet, get an XD20 unit [Smile]

All times are Central (GMT -6:00)  
   Close Topic    Move Topic    Delete Topic    next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To: