Film-Tech Cinema Systems
Film-Tech Forum ARCHIVE

my profile | my password | search | faq & rules | forum home
  next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Film-Tech Forum ARCHIVE   » Operations   » Film Handlers' Forum   » Grey scale Kinoton/Philips DP75 manual pictures

Author Topic: Grey scale Kinoton/Philips DP75 manual pictures
Ian Parfrey
Phenomenal Film Handler

From: Imbil Australia 26 deg 27' 42.66" S 152 deg 42' 23.40" E

- posted 02-06-2010 08:20 PM      Profile for Ian Parfrey   Email Ian Parfrey   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
I'm in the process of producing a site manual for the DP75's and have the manual from the warehouse as the reference.

The only problem at this point is the photographs in the manual appear as b&w renderings and most if not all detail is lost, effectively making them useless.

Would anyone have greyscale renderings of those photographs that appear in the DP75 manual that they could post?

Thanks for any help.

Ian

|  IP: Logged

David Kilderry
Master Film Handler

- posted 02-10-2010 06:36 PM      Profile for David Kilderry   Author's Homepage   Email David Kilderry   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Hmmmm, me thinks you need them for a reason Ian.....now a drive-in owner?

I don't have them, but there is a drive-in down the highway a few hours from you that uses DP75s also and may be able to help.

Depending on which tech company you get friendly with, you could also ask them; John Coleman, etc

If business gets slow on a movie, you can always charge admission so people can watch the lens turret spin!

Steve Guttag
We forgot the crackers Gromit!!!

- posted 02-11-2010 05:12 AM      Profile for Steve Guttag   Email Steve Guttag   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
All of the DP75 manuals that I've personally seen were photocopies...even those that came from Kinoton! As such, the scan is a representation of that, unfortunately. I agree in that if a manual has good pictures...scan them in greyscale.

Then again, I can't think of what pictures in that manual would be useful that having them in greyscale would dramatically improve it (particularly if you have the machine itself right in front of you).

Steve

All times are Central (GMT -6:00)  
   Close Topic    Move Topic    Delete Topic    next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To: