Film-Tech Cinema Systems
Film-Tech Forum ARCHIVE

my profile | my password | search | faq & rules | forum home
  next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Film-Tech Forum ARCHIVE   » Operations   » Film Handlers' Forum   » Xetron XH4000 Lanphouse

Author Topic: Xetron XH4000 Lanphouse
Donald Brown
Expert Film Handler

- posted 01-18-2010 05:54 PM      Profile for Donald Brown   Email Donald Brown   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Will a Xetron XH4000 lamphouse operate with a Christie CXL 40H xenon bulb?
The Xetron lamphouse has a badly burned bulb, and I have a spare Christie CXL 40H, with low hours. I would inspect it my self, but the theatre is 9 hours away, and I am trying to keep the exhibitor's expenses to a minimum as they get their new operation up and running.
Additionally, are there any adapter bushings necessary to accomodate the Christie bulb?

[ 01-18-2010, 08:16 PM: Message edited by: Adam Martin ]

|  IP: Logged

John Walsh
Film God

- posted 01-18-2010 10:00 PM      Profile for John Walsh   Email John Walsh   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Depends on the age of the lamphouse; older types had a rear bulb mount that could only accept a few bulbs; I don't remember if any would accept a threaded bulb, which is what Christie likes on their bulbs. The later types (after 1984 or so) had a redesigned negative mount that could accept several different adaptors including threaded types. I have emailed you a chsrt showing the adaptors available. Note, though, the chart shows only Osram bulbs, so a cross reference will need to be done.

I suggest calling the theater and asking if they use a threaded 4000w bulb in that lamphouse. If not, a Christie probably won't fit. My guess is you would then need Xetron p/n XH300-75-43 to get it to work.

|  IP: Logged

All times are Central (GMT -6:00)  
   Close Topic    Move Topic    Delete Topic    next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To: