Film-Tech Cinema Systems
Film-Tech Forum ARCHIVE

my profile | my password | search | faq & rules | forum home
  next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Film-Tech Forum ARCHIVE   » Operations   » Film Handlers' Forum   » Simplex base feet

Author Topic: Simplex base feet
Dominic Espinosa
Phenomenal Film Handler

- posted 12-21-2009 03:21 PM      Profile for Dominic Espinosa   Email Dominic Espinosa   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Hi guys,

I'm hoping this is a standard thing and something I've just missed all this time.

I have a machine sitting on a simplex base that is missing those cute bolt-feet things. Wondering if this is a standard size thread I could just buy from the hardware store and put some plates under to distribute the load/not tear up the floor.

I only ask because the thing isn't level and it seems this would be the easiest way to fix that.

Any ideas?

|  IP: Logged

Richard Hamilton
Phenomenal Film Handler

- posted 12-21-2009 06:29 PM      Profile for Richard Hamilton   Email Richard Hamilton   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
yeah, I've done that. I don't know the bolt/thread size, but I bought them at the local hardware store. The booth floor had linoleum tile. I just put 4x4 electrical cover plates under the "feet" to protect the floor

Jack Theakston
Master Film Handler

- posted 12-21-2009 06:44 PM      Profile for Jack Theakston   Email Jack Theakston   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
What model base is it? I had to replace a couple of them on an LL3 a while back. Just took the screws to the hardware store and found them quite easily.

If you don't have a cement floor and the screws are chewing up whatever is there, the best solution I've found is to stick some plywood underneath.

All times are Central (GMT -6:00)  
   Close Topic    Move Topic    Delete Topic    next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To: