Film-Tech Cinema Systems
Film-Tech Forum ARCHIVE

my profile | my password | search | faq & rules | forum home
  next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Film-Tech Forum ARCHIVE   » Operations   » Film Handlers' Forum   » Panastereo CSP1200 Firmware...

Author Topic: Panastereo CSP1200 Firmware...
Glen Rich
Film Handler

- posted 12-20-2009 03:14 AM      Profile for Glen Rich   Email Glen Rich   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
The Sub-Bass Excavator board on our Cine 1 Panastereo Processor burnt out a capacitor, shorting the rest of the processor enough to corrupt the firmware.The Sub-bass board has been removed and bypassed but the manual is no help in repairing/ resetting the firmware...
Can someone please advise on how to repair, reset or re-install the firmware. Thanks.

|  IP: Logged

Steve Guttag
We forgot the crackers Gromit!!!

- posted 12-20-2009 09:29 AM      Profile for Steve Guttag   Email Steve Guttag   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
The firmware will not/does not get corrupt...it is firmware. You likely have another issue...like a bad power supply rail or another failed module.

Measure all of the power rails and ensure they are all there.

Do you not have a local Panastereo service agency? I know we still have our modules serviced by SMART devices here in the US. If Ray Derrick still looked at this forum you'd have answers too.

Steve

Glen Rich
Film Handler

- posted 12-20-2009 03:37 PM      Profile for Glen Rich   Email Glen Rich   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Thanks Steve will check this morning.
We have 2 blokes, (guys), 1 each from the 2 Cinema equipment supply companies in Australia, in Western Australia who deal with every screen in the state who actually know something about this equipment. They are busy...
As I understand it SMART failed right after they acquired Panastereo, so there is no local back-up from them.

Michael Hossen
Expert Film Handler

- posted 12-20-2009 08:34 PM      Profile for Michael Hossen   Author's Homepage   Email Michael Hossen   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Glen, I can't help you. As you said the manual doesn't help much. Also, I think you're correct about SMART. Have you contacted Spiro to see if he can be of help?

John Wilson
Film God

- posted 12-21-2009 01:23 AM      Profile for John Wilson   Email John Wilson   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Glen

I've just spoke to Spiro @ Intech Pacific and he'll be in touch with you shortly.

Steve Guttag
We forgot the crackers Gromit!!!

- posted 12-21-2009 08:30 AM      Profile for Steve Guttag   Email Steve Guttag   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
SMART continued for at least a year, maybe two. They are not completely dead but definitely out of the cinema business. They still retain the rights to Panastereo and still service the modules, at least here in the States.

Steve

Glen Rich
Film Handler

- posted 12-21-2009 10:48 PM      Profile for Glen Rich   Email Glen Rich   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Thanks gentlemen; problem fixed. One of the 2 tech's in the state, Graham Mc, came in a looked at it first thing yesterday, and after adjustments of both software and pots had it back to normal... and took the damaged board off to repair.
Got an e-mail from Spiro; he will be going into the essential contacts file.

All times are Central (GMT -6:00)  
   Close Topic    Move Topic    Delete Topic    next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To: