Film-Tech Cinema Systems
Film-Tech Forum ARCHIVE

my profile | my password | search | faq & rules | forum home
  next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Film-Tech Forum ARCHIVE   » Operations   » Film Handlers' Forum   » DMA8Plus automation pin-out

Author Topic: DMA8Plus automation pin-out
Demetris Thoupis
Phenomenal Film Handler

- posted 11-03-2009 10:18 AM      Profile for Demetris Thoupis   Email Demetris Thoupis   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Can someone please tell me the pinouts for the automation of the DMA8Plus unit? I will be interfacing an XD20 which will be replacing a DTS6D at a theater and I want to use the XD20 to double switch the DMA8 to film and the processor to Digital (CP65) so I was thinking of making a parallel connection of the DTS Pulse to both units. Unfortunately no manual for DMA8Plus online.
Thanks
Demetris

|  IP: Logged

Pete Naples
Phenomenal Film Handler

- posted 11-03-2009 05:12 PM      Profile for Pete Naples   Email Pete Naples   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
It's on the Dolby Extranet site.

Are you referring to the 25 pin connectors or the 9 pin?

The 25s are for DA20/DTS/CP control and the 9 pin is for control of the DMA8+ itself.

In the DMA8+ setup software one can setup the host processor, this partially determines what the 25 pin connectors are doing.

For what you're trying to do, if I'm reading you right. Connect the XD20 to the DA control port & the CP65 to the CP control port. You can use 25 pin computer cables if you're feeling financially challenged.

The audio OP of the XD20 goes to analog audio in on the DMA8+ and the audio out to CP goes to the CP65 FROM DIGITAL input.
Set the DMA8+ up with a CP65 as host processor and the same on the XD20. Should all work fine and dandy.

Demetris Thoupis
Phenomenal Film Handler

- posted 11-04-2009 01:02 AM      Profile for Demetris Thoupis   Email Demetris Thoupis   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Hello Pete, Yes that sounds fine. So I can program the DA Automation to also trigger when selecting Digital from the DTS unit to trigger the DMA8Plus to switch to Film if I understand right?
Demetris

All times are Central (GMT -6:00)  
   Close Topic    Move Topic    Delete Topic    next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To: