Film-Tech Cinema Systems
Film-Tech Forum ARCHIVE

my profile | my password | search | faq & rules | forum home
  next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Film-Tech Forum ARCHIVE   » Operations   » Film Handlers' Forum   » Interlock equipment

Author Topic: Interlock equipment
Justin Hamaker
Film God

- posted 11-01-2009 02:36 AM      Profile for Justin Hamaker   Author's Homepage   Email Justin Hamaker   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
I need to build/purchase a pole with some rollers for interlocking. Because of the proximity of the slide projector shelf and projector motor wire, I need a pole which will receive the film from the bottom of the projector and turn it straight up toward the ceiling to meet another roller before it will go off to the accumulator. I want this pole to be portable so it can be used with different projectors.

I was hoping someone might have a picture of something like this I could use as a guide for assembly. I know one of the main issues is going to be a heavy and stable base to prevent the pole from tipping. I do have some spare rollers with brackets I can use - same as what are at the top and bottom of the AW3 column.

|  IP: Logged

Sean McKinnon
Phenomenal Film Handler

- posted 11-02-2009 12:17 PM      Profile for Sean McKinnon   Author's Homepage   Email Sean McKinnon   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
If you need a heavy stable base I would try to find an old school mic stand from a school or church with a round cast iron base. those things are VERY heavy. You could find some type of pipe to screw into the base and attach your rollers to that. If you just need to bring the film from bottom to top then it would be extremely simple... 2 rollers. If you want an accumulator included it is still simple but you will need three rollers and a metal bar. Someone posted above instructions on how to make a "kelmar" type accumulator...

Also if you have access to old parts and the like you could take any kind of "trolley, elevator, rewind control rack" off of a potts/strong type platter and mount that to your pole as an accumulator.

Justin Hamaker
Film God

- posted 11-02-2009 03:54 PM      Profile for Justin Hamaker   Author's Homepage   Email Justin Hamaker   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
I've got a collector, so that's not an issue. In fact, I just found an old wall mounted collector in a pile of junk.

I think what I'm going to do in the short term is use a MUT. It's not my ideal choice because it will have to partially sit in the walk way. But it should do the trick until I can figure out something else.

All times are Central (GMT -6:00)  
   Close Topic    Move Topic    Delete Topic    next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To: