Film-Tech Cinema Systems
Film-Tech Forum ARCHIVE

my profile | my password | search | faq & rules | forum home
  next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Film-Tech Forum ARCHIVE   » Operations   » Film Handlers' Forum   » Setting up interlocking on Xetron XCN consoles - Resolved

Author Topic: Setting up interlocking on Xetron XCN consoles - Resolved
Justin Hamaker
Film God

- posted 10-22-2009 09:29 PM      Profile for Justin Hamaker   Author's Homepage   Email Justin Hamaker   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
I have three Xetron XCN consoles that I want to setup for interlocking. At this point the only thing that has been done is there is a run of wire between the three projectors. I should be getting a portable accumulator and some portable rollers in a few days.

Information on running interlocking on these machines would also be helpful. I have never run interlocking before, but I've seen it done and I think I have a strong understanding of how it's supposed to work.

|  IP: Logged

John Walsh
Film God

- posted 10-22-2009 10:30 PM      Profile for John Walsh   Email John Walsh   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Several different automations have been installed in these consoles. Which one do you have?

Justin Hamaker
Film God

- posted 10-22-2009 10:32 PM      Profile for Justin Hamaker   Author's Homepage   Email Justin Hamaker   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Maxi 12XPC automation.

John Walsh
Film God

- posted 10-24-2009 03:52 PM      Profile for John Walsh   Email John Walsh   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Justin, if you would send me an email address, (using the non-public feature here) I will send you an interlocking procedure document (pdf) I wrote for a theater I worked at. Some things will not exactly apply, but it shows several different examples of interlocking projectors with Maxi's. Some things that will differ are the number/placement and type of rollers you have, the general floor layout of your projection room, and how the installer wired up the automations. However, I think it will be a good guide to start with.

All times are Central (GMT -6:00)  
   Close Topic    Move Topic    Delete Topic    next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To: