Film-Tech Cinema Systems
Film-Tech Forum ARCHIVE

my profile | my password | search | faq & rules | forum home
  next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Film-Tech Forum ARCHIVE   » Operations   » Film Handlers' Forum   » Dorian Grey 35mm- Serious film bounce

Author Topic: Dorian Grey 35mm- Serious film bounce
Gavin Lewarne
Master Film Handler

- posted 10-14-2009 04:45 AM      Profile for Gavin Lewarne   Email Gavin Lewarne   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
We are currently running print UK145 of Dorian Grey in 35 mm. I dont know if it is just our print, or many of them, but it has insane amounts of film bounce.

Parts 1,3,5, and 6 are the worse, with the black borders jumping about all over the place especially around reel changes. Even the credits look bad, like a hand wound projector that is not being wound at a constant speed. it really is that bad.

is there anything i can do to minimise the bounce? for those who dont know, we are running on westar 2001's and manual changeovers.

The bounce is apparent on both machines at the same point in the film every time we run it.

I know it is not the projectors as out other 4 films are playing absolutly rock steady. even the generally crappily printed pearl and dean adverts on 35mm are looking better than this!

|  IP: Logged

Pete Naples
Phenomenal Film Handler

- posted 10-14-2009 05:50 AM      Profile for Pete Naples   Email Pete Naples   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
I'd be on the dog to the distributor requesting a new print that is printed stable.

Good luck with that [Roll Eyes]

Marco Giustini
Film God

- posted 10-14-2009 08:14 AM      Profile for Marco Giustini   Email Marco Giustini   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
I've seen it in a Vue and the print was badly shaking there too...

Good luck.

Gavin Lewarne
Master Film Handler

- posted 10-14-2009 05:11 PM      Profile for Gavin Lewarne   Email Gavin Lewarne   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
yup, called distributor today, no spare prints and he hinted that they may all be like it! oh well, its off next week anyway so i dont have to worry about it much more!

All times are Central (GMT -6:00)  
   Close Topic    Move Topic    Delete Topic    next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To: