Film-Tech Cinema Systems
Film-Tech Forum ARCHIVE

my profile | my password | search | faq & rules | forum home
  next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Film-Tech Forum ARCHIVE   » Operations   » Film Handlers' Forum   » Cinemeccanica V8 Wiring Diagram

Author Topic: Cinemeccanica V8 Wiring Diagram
Markus Lemm
Expert Film Handler

- posted 10-13-2009 04:50 PM      Profile for Markus Lemm   Author's Homepage   Email Markus Lemm   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
I working on two Vic 8s and having an issue with one of the change-overs. Projector 1 c/o works perfect but projector 2 does not close, it only opens. I've tried wiring the c/o mechanism from projector 2 into projector 1 and it works. So the unit is functioning properly. I've tried following the wires but can't find any problems. I can only assume that somewhere a wire has broken.

Can anyone provide me with a wiring diagram?

|  IP: Logged

Demetris Thoupis
Phenomenal Film Handler

- posted 10-13-2009 05:04 PM      Profile for Demetris Thoupis   Email Demetris Thoupis   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Hello Markus,
Do you have a newer type of pedestal or an older one for the wiring diagram varies. In any case if you have the older type of pedestal you should do the following

Proj. 1------------Proj 2.

Pin 1------------>Pin 5
Pin 2------------>Pin 4
Pin 4------------>Pin 1
Pin 5------------>Pin 2

One thing which you should make sure is the contacts of the dowser assembly to be sure that they make a good contact. If they don't make a good contact, then most probably that is your problem for when the dowser is pushed to open, a momentary pulse causes the solenoid on the other projector to latch and thus close the dowser. I recon you have two projectors with mechanical dowsers and not electrical. When you push the dowser to open from one projector you should have a momentary contact between pins 4 and 5. If you don't then that is why your dowser does not close on the other projector. A multimeter in buzzer mode can help you see if you have a contact or not. If you have a contact then check your wiring. If you don't have a contact check the dowser assembly.
Demetris

Markus Lemm
Expert Film Handler

- posted 10-13-2009 07:40 PM      Profile for Markus Lemm   Author's Homepage   Email Markus Lemm   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
It is a mechanical dowser not the zipper kind.
I have 2 blue wires which I assume is the power. Also a green and a white/red striped wire. Two extra unused wires aswell.
None of the cables have numbers on them. They just go to a connection panel which goes into a bundle of wires.

Demetris Thoupis
Phenomenal Film Handler

- posted 10-14-2009 01:08 AM      Profile for Demetris Thoupis   Email Demetris Thoupis   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Markus the best thing to do is open the area of the dowser and you should see some connections. You should see two wire connecting to a solenoid and you should see four wires coming out of a limit switch type.

From the solenoid one wire should go directly on the power supply of the projector (consider lets say 0V) and the other wire should go on pin 4 of the adjascent projector which should be one of the momentary contact cables of the limit switch type (DO NOT USE THE MAINTAINED CONTACTS OF THE LIMIT SWITCH). And likewise you should connect the second momentary contact of the limit switch to pin 1 of the adjascent projector which will actually send 6V AC if I remember correctly to the dowser solenoid when the contact is enabled and thus close your dowser.
Regards

Demetris

Markus Lemm
Expert Film Handler

- posted 10-14-2009 02:41 PM      Profile for Markus Lemm   Author's Homepage   Email Markus Lemm   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
I figured it out today. One of the wires was dead so I ran a new one.
Thanks for your help.

All times are Central (GMT -6:00)  
   Close Topic    Move Topic    Delete Topic    next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To: