Film-Tech Cinema Systems
Film-Tech Forum ARCHIVE

my profile | my password | search | faq & rules | forum home
  next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Film-Tech Forum ARCHIVE   » Operations   » Film Handlers' Forum   » Xetron XCN console terminal assignment

Author Topic: Xetron XCN console terminal assignment
Michael Schaffer
"Where is the
Boardwalk Hotel?"

- posted 10-13-2009 04:39 PM      Profile for Michael Schaffer   Author's Homepage   Email Michael Schaffer   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Does anybody have the terminal assignment list for the 24-terminal strip on the non-operating side of the lamphouse of the Xetron XCN console?

And/or a more detailed circuit diagram than what's in the manuals available here? The diagram in the manual appears to be only for the XHN console. Or is that electrically the same as the XCN?

|  IP: Logged

Louis Bornwasser
Film God

- posted 10-13-2009 09:45 PM      Profile for Louis Bornwasser   Author's Homepage   Email Louis Bornwasser   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
I spent many days "simplifying" that horrid mess of wires. Even the drawings sent with the equipment when new were wrong. Not too bad, though once you figured out what they were about. Louis

John Walsh
Film God

- posted 10-14-2009 10:39 AM      Profile for John Walsh   Email John Walsh   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Is this the older console, were the automation chassis itself is mounted in the back? If it is the one I'm thinking of, the schematic is drawn on a 'D' sized paper and was not scanned - ie; there is no downloadable pdf.

Michael Schaffer
"Where is the
Boardwalk Hotel?"

- posted 10-14-2009 10:53 PM      Profile for Michael Schaffer   Author's Homepage   Email Michael Schaffer   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
quote: Louis Bornwasser
I spent many days "simplifying" that horrid mess of wires.
So do you know what all the terminals are for? I already found the ones I need, like motor start and c/o and all that, so I don't really need to know the rest and I don't intend to waste the customer's (or even worse, my) time tracing all the wires, but I am still a little curious.

quote: John Walsh
Is this the older console, were the automation chassis itself is mounted in the back?
No. I think I have seen that one although I am not sure I have seen one with the whole automation in the back. Wasn't that just a dimmer?

This one has a Maxi9XDC automation. I have the terminal assignments for the terminal board for that which is mounted below the lamphouse on the non-operating side, and some of the other functions I need (e.g. dimmer commands) are there, so figuring out all the terminals on the other strip isn't so important. I am a little puzzled though that they aren't listed anywhere.

I asked Neumade for the info and they sent me the manual which doesn't have the terminal assignments in it. I emailed them back and said thanks, but the information I need is not in here, do you have anything else?
I haven't heard back from them at all since then, so I guess not...

Louis Bornwasser
Film God

- posted 10-17-2009 09:23 AM      Profile for Louis Bornwasser   Author's Homepage   Email Louis Bornwasser   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
The drawing from Neumade, if available, just lead to more confusion since they sometimes strayed a bit from the drawing.

With th 9xpc, you are better off using the automation terminal panel drawing and tracing, which is what you have done.

The older unit had the automation in the top rear, a terminal panel above the rectifier on the left, and the control panel on the right about the rectifier. The wiring harness for the automation and the console were apparenly built in-place. A nightmare of wiring, BUT very reliable. Louis

All times are Central (GMT -6:00)  
   Close Topic    Move Topic    Delete Topic    next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To: