Film-Tech Cinema Systems
Film-Tech Forum ARCHIVE

my profile | my password | search | faq & rules | forum home
  next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Film-Tech Forum ARCHIVE   » Operations   » Film Handlers' Forum   » Advanced Cinema Systems shaft encoder pulse rate..

Author Topic: Advanced Cinema Systems shaft encoder pulse rate..
Tony Bandiera Jr
Film God

- posted 10-12-2009 01:45 PM      Profile for Tony Bandiera Jr   Email Tony Bandiera Jr   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Got one for Clint:

What is the pulse per revolution rate of the Advanced Cinema Systems shaft encoder? [Confused]

Got a room with two of them and need to change the pulley ratio to get to 10 pulse/frame.

|  IP: Logged

Clint Koch
Phenomenal Film Handler

- posted 10-12-2009 03:34 PM      Profile for Clint Koch   Email Clint Koch   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Wow, that goes back before I came on board with Jack. Anyway, I questioned Jack and from his memory it should have 4 notches which equates to 360 RPM and 24 pulses per second. Jack was impressed that you had two still in service.

Tony Bandiera Jr
Film God

- posted 10-14-2009 12:09 PM      Profile for Tony Bandiera Jr   Email Tony Bandiera Jr   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
LOL I kinda figured it would go way back. I first met Jack when I was working at Universal Projector back in '84-'85 and IIRC that was about the time Jack had changed the company name to Ultra*Stereo.

Yeah, these encoders are still going strong. The location is using a footage counter and needs better resolution so we're going from the current single pulse per frame to ten.

Thanks for the help Clint, tell Jack thanks.

This BTW is why I have always liked Ultra*Stereo, they always come through when support is needed! [thumbsup] [beer]

All times are Central (GMT -6:00)  
   Close Topic    Move Topic    Delete Topic    next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To: