Film-Tech Cinema Systems
Film-Tech Forum ARCHIVE

my profile | my password | search | faq & rules | forum home
  next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Film-Tech Forum ARCHIVE   » Operations   » Film Handlers' Forum   » Christie pulls its film line of equipment (Page 1)

This topic comprises 4 pages: 1  2  3  4 

Author Topic: Christie pulls its film line of equipment
Brad Miller
Administrator

- posted 10-01-2009 06:36 PM      Profile for Brad Miller   Author's Homepage   Email Brad Miller       Edit/Delete Post 
Link to pdf

quote:
For more than 40 years Christie has made the most reliable and innovative film products in the world. From the Academy® Award winning Ultramittent® to the world’s first gearless projector, Christie has always been at the forefront of film projection.

In these rapidly changing times and with the move to digital cinema projection firmly underway, Christie has made the decision to phase out all new production of film equipment.

Jim Dukes

There is more in the pdf.

|  IP: Logged

Karl Borowski
Expert Film Handler

- posted 10-01-2009 06:58 PM      Profile for Karl Borowski   Email Karl Borowski   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Fucking-A!

John T. Hendrickson, Jr
Jedi Master Film Handler

- posted 10-01-2009 07:14 PM      Profile for John T. Hendrickson, Jr   Email John T. Hendrickson, Jr   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Sign of the times? [Eek!]

Mark Gulbrandsen
Resident Trollmaster

- posted 10-01-2009 07:49 PM      Profile for Mark Gulbrandsen   Email Mark Gulbrandsen   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
It's pure marketing strategy!! Of course.... if they have nothing else to offer what are ya going to buy!!!

Mark

Steve Guttag
We forgot the crackers Gromit!!!

- posted 10-01-2009 08:16 PM      Profile for Steve Guttag   Email Steve Guttag   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Simplex, Cinemeccanica,...oh yeah...and Kinoton.

Robert E. Allen
Phenomenal Film Handler

- posted 10-01-2009 08:23 PM      Profile for Robert E. Allen   Email Robert E. Allen   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Isn't Strong still manufacturing Century as well as Simplex?

Jack Theakston
Master Film Handler

- posted 10-01-2009 08:36 PM      Profile for Jack Theakston   Email Jack Theakston   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Got along without you before I met you
Gonna get along without you now
Gonna find somebody who's twice as cute
'Cause I didn't like you anyhow

Joe Redifer
You need a beating today

- posted 10-01-2009 08:39 PM      Profile for Joe Redifer   Author's Homepage   Email Joe Redifer   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
I wouldn't be surprised if Strong stopped manufacturing film equipment as well. If only they would have stopped 30 years ago...

Michael Hossen
Expert Film Handler

- posted 10-01-2009 09:13 PM      Profile for Michael Hossen   Author's Homepage   Email Michael Hossen   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
quote: Jack Theakston
Got along without you before I met you
Gonna get along without you now
Gonna find somebody who's twice as cute
'Cause I didn't like you anyhow

Haha. I never was a huge fan of Christie either...

Michael Voiland
Expert Film Handler

- posted 10-01-2009 09:21 PM      Profile for Michael Voiland   Email Michael Voiland   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
they made nice platters.

Joe Redifer
You need a beating today

- posted 10-01-2009 09:22 PM      Profile for Joe Redifer   Author's Homepage   Email Joe Redifer   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
And lamphouses.

And projectors, though it took them a while to become truly excellent at that.

Their Bevan Poos truly rocked.

Michael Voiland
Expert Film Handler

- posted 10-01-2009 10:20 PM      Profile for Michael Voiland   Email Michael Voiland   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
quote: Joe Redifer

Their Bevan Poos truly rocked.

I never got to try there bevan poos

That would be film puk right.

Monte L Fullmer
Film God

- posted 10-01-2009 10:51 PM      Profile for Monte L Fullmer   Email Monte L Fullmer   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Yea...good riddance to them danged Bevan Poos doo-dads!

quote: Mark Gulbrandsen
if they have nothing else to offer what are ya going to buy
Ya.definitely a marketing plan..doing what killed Beta with Sony's desire to make dollars on every product made instead of what JVC did with VHS in where they wanted only pennies in selling their products - in passing the savings to their customers.

I can see the day when a digital unit will cost close to the same with a SLC/P35GPS setup if that's the case.

Wow, looking like a deja'vu happening all over again.

-Monte

Demetris Thoupis
Phenomenal Film Handler

- posted 10-02-2009 02:13 AM      Profile for Demetris Thoupis   Email Demetris Thoupis   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
It was bound to happen. The fun part will be when they realise that film actually will still be around for many years to come.
Demetris

Steve Guttag
We forgot the crackers Gromit!!!

- posted 10-02-2009 06:45 AM      Profile for Steve Guttag   Email Steve Guttag   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Strong always had a better export business and is likely keeping their manufacturing going. Century never sold as well as the Simplex, especially on Export. I'd think you can still buy a Century as they are still in the price sheet but I'd be surprised if they are really cranking them out.

Steve

All times are Central (GMT -6:00)
This topic comprises 4 pages: 1  2  3  4 

Close Topic    Move Topic    Delete Topic    next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To: