Film-Tech Cinema Systems
Film-Tech Forum ARCHIVE

my profile | my password | search | faq & rules | forum home
  next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Film-Tech Forum ARCHIVE   » Operations   » Film Handlers' Forum   » Xenon suppliers in Australia (Page 1)

This topic comprises 2 pages: 1  2 

Author Topic: Xenon suppliers in Australia
John Wilson
Film God

- posted 09-30-2009 05:21 PM      Profile for John Wilson   Email John Wilson   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Where do you guys here buy your Xenon Lamps? Apart from Edge that is...there was a guy in Perth a few years back, but can't recall his name.

What brand of lamp do you go for?

|  IP: Logged

John Koutsoumis
Master Film Handler

- posted 09-30-2009 07:35 PM      Profile for John Koutsoumis   Email John Koutsoumis   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
I use Ushio lamps and buy them from Edge. I would like to know if there are other suplliers of this brand too.
Osram xenons can be bought direct from Osram Australia. Here in Melbourne there is also. Cinetech

Ian Parfrey
Phenomenal Film Handler

From: Imbil Australia 26 deg 27' 42.66" S 152 deg 42' 23.40" E

- posted 10-01-2009 05:18 AM      Profile for Ian Parfrey   Email Ian Parfrey   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
We use John from Australian Theatre Supplies Pty Ltd (previously Auswide) in S.E Queensland. They source a good range of lamps and other projection related goodies as well as tech work.

As I'm not sure about linking to their website on the forum, if you email me I can give you their contact details. They're a good bunch.

Cheers
Ian

Phil Blake
Jedi Master Film Handler

- posted 10-01-2009 05:51 AM      Profile for Phil Blake   Author's Homepage   Email Phil Blake   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
I dont know of anyone in Perth selling them ,Atlab had a office the but i think with the Edge takeover it has closed.

I was using osram we changed to ushio had 3 crook lamps in a row failed at less than 1000hrs so changed back to osram getting 6000 hrs from them , cant complain about that.

Scott Christopher
Film Handler

- posted 10-01-2009 08:33 PM      Profile for Scott Christopher   Email Scott Christopher   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
I've always used 'Cinevid & Audio sales' here in Adelaide.

Michael Hossen
Expert Film Handler

- posted 10-01-2009 09:23 PM      Profile for Michael Hossen   Author's Homepage   Email Michael Hossen   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
quote: Phil Blake
I dont know of anyone in Perth selling them ,Atlab had a office the but i think with the Edge takeover it has closed.

I was using osram we changed to ushio had 3 crook lamps in a row failed at less than 1000hrs so changed back to osram getting 6000 hrs from them , cant complain about that.

The EDGE office in Perth is still around and they are still doing installs and services. We're using Osram lamps and getting around 8000+hrs out of them.

Jeremy Weigel
Phenomenal Film Handler

- posted 10-02-2009 12:45 AM      Profile for Jeremy Weigel   Email Jeremy Weigel   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
quote: Michael Hossen
We're using Osram lamps and getting around 8000+hrs out of them.
The last time I saw an Osram with that many hours on it, the bulb was so dark the picture looked horrible. Surprisingly though, it lit on the first strike and was stable.

Michael Hossen
Expert Film Handler

- posted 10-02-2009 05:18 AM      Profile for Michael Hossen   Author's Homepage   Email Michael Hossen   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
quote: Jeremy Weigel
The last time I saw an Osram with that many hours on it, the bulb was so dark the picture looked horrible. Surprisingly though, it lit on the first strike and was stable.
We changed out one(2.2K) a couple of weeks ago, and while it was getting pretty dark the picture was still quite good. Much better than you'd experience at a typical multiplex over here...

John Koutsoumis
Master Film Handler

- posted 10-02-2009 06:07 PM      Profile for John Koutsoumis   Email John Koutsoumis   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
I get about 4-5000 hrs on my 3k lamps before the go dark and 7000 on 2k lamps. Both are Ushio brand.

Stephen Jones
Master Film Handler

- posted 10-03-2009 08:23 PM      Profile for Stephen Jones   Email Stephen Jones   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
I purchase lamps from Osram direct. (cuts out the Middle man who ads his cost on)Also Cinetech Australia also sell AGL lamps with excellent warranty service.I havent yet tried AGL as Cinetech have just started to sell them and as yet they dont have a Osram 2000W SHSC type available, not until later this year.

Stephen Jones
Master Film Handler

- posted 10-04-2009 12:11 AM      Profile for Stephen Jones   Email Stephen Jones   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
I Use Osram, tried Ushio but was'nt getting the life out of them so gone back to Osram.It's cheaper to buy direct from Osram as it cuts out the middle man.Ushio are only available from Edge in Australia.
Cinetech have just become dealers here for AGL lamps.Told by Nick that they have a excellant warranty and price is competitive.Havent had the chance to try them as yet,only problem is that they don't have version of the Osram 2000WSHSC lamp but should have later on or early next year.AGL also supply lamps for Digital projectors.AGL Being new to Australia time will tell to see how the hours stack up.

Kevin Baglow
Expert Film Handler

- posted 10-04-2009 04:25 AM      Profile for Kevin Baglow   Author's Homepage   Email Kevin Baglow   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Message me if you would like xenons couriered direct from Beijing

Mark Gulbrandsen
Resident Trollmaster

- posted 10-04-2009 11:52 AM      Profile for Mark Gulbrandsen   Email Mark Gulbrandsen   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
quote: Kevin Baglow
Message me if you would like xenons couriered direct from Beijing

LOL! Oh pleeze Kevin... they don't want to loose their reflectors too! In the States no one has had any luck with Chineese xenon lamps [Eek!] .

KABOOM!

Mark

System Notices
Forum Watchdog / Soup Nazi

- posted 08-08-2011 10:33 PM      Profile for System Notices         Edit/Delete Post 

It has been 673 days since the last post.

Laila Napinas
Film Handler

- posted 08-08-2011 10:33 PM      Profile for Laila Napinas   Email Laila Napinas   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
I doubt China-made Xenon lamps.
Ushio Xenon lamps are manufactured in Philippines and Japan.
For Osram, I don' know.

Laila

All times are Central (GMT -6:00)
This topic comprises 2 pages: 1  2 

Close Topic    Move Topic    Delete Topic    next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To: