Film-Tech Cinema Systems
Film-Tech Forum ARCHIVE

my profile | my password | search | faq & rules | forum home
  next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Film-Tech Forum ARCHIVE   » Operations   » Film Handlers' Forum   » Panalogic switching fault

Author Topic: Panalogic switching fault
Phil Blake
Jedi Master Film Handler

- posted 08-27-2009 12:17 AM      Profile for Phil Blake   Author's Homepage   Email Phil Blake   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Hi All

having proplem with Panalogic CA2000 not switching lens turret/aperture plate.

have checked all fuses and serial connections

Panalogic panel will operate masking, xenon on/off, dowser on/off but will not switch lens/aperture.

All functiuons work correctly when operated by their manual switches.

led lights on the main board are not illuminating nor are the relays clicking when buttons are pressed.

so when on automation control everything starts and stopped except lens change/aperture.

if anyone can offer some troubleshooting on this would be appreciated.

Phil

|  IP: Logged

Demetris Thoupis
Phenomenal Film Handler

- posted 08-27-2009 12:14 PM      Profile for Demetris Thoupis   Email Demetris Thoupis   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Did you check your cue reader that is receiving the correct cue?

Michael Hossen
Expert Film Handler

- posted 08-28-2009 01:14 AM      Profile for Michael Hossen   Author's Homepage   Email Michael Hossen   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Phil,

I've never seen anything like this with our CA2000's. All I can think of is that something is malfunctioning on the board.. Have you restarted it(off then on) to see if one of the relays has buggered up and needs to be reset?

I've found that restarting it fixed most problems. Beyond that, might be time to call the tech.

Steve Guttag
We forgot the crackers Gromit!!!

- posted 08-28-2009 06:31 AM      Profile for Steve Guttag   Email Steve Guttag   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Doesn't Panalogic/Panastereo have some sort of in-country repair facility for their stuff? Their stuff is SO modular that one could swap a board in seconds.

Steve

Phillip Grace
Expert Film Handler

- posted 08-28-2009 08:51 AM      Profile for Phillip Grace   Email Phillip Grace   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Panastereo service at Intec Pacific in Sydney. You should contact Spiro Asarloglou. His email is: spiro@intecpacific.com.au He used to work building the equipment and is very good indeed.
Cheers. Phil.

Phil Blake
Jedi Master Film Handler

- posted 08-28-2009 10:03 AM      Profile for Phil Blake   Author's Homepage   Email Phil Blake   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Thanks for the tips , I have sorted the issue , after spending alot of time checking fuses on the main boards and connections I was almost certain i had a board fault.
My operator on the day said he changed a fuse on the turret , i rechecked this and found he had replaced it with a too light fuse and it blew. I put in correct fuse and all works again.

I am glad it was not a board as my sources in the east advised me that all spares for panalogic are very hard to get , the stuff is not being made anymore or supported by spare parts. so for all of us with that gear ,fingers crossed it keeps on keeping on.

All times are Central (GMT -6:00)  
   Close Topic    Move Topic    Delete Topic    next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To: