Film-Tech Cinema Systems
Film-Tech Forum ARCHIVE

my profile | my password | search | faq & rules | forum home
  next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Film-Tech Forum ARCHIVE   » Operations   » Film Handlers' Forum   » 3d spacing numbers

Author Topic: 3d spacing numbers
Gordon McLeod
Film God

- posted 07-15-2009 07:12 AM      Profile for Gordon McLeod   Email Gordon McLeod   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Well someone thought that my box of trimensional technologies 3d adapters would be better off in their posecsion than mine which is no big deal since I have more than one set but in that box was my list of 3d overunder titles and which test film spacing number is used
If anyone has a list of them
titles I need quickly to know about
Andy Warhols Frankenstein
Starchaser
Jaws3d
Friday13th 3d
Showgun Women
Treasure of the 4 crowns

thanks

|  IP: Logged

Mark Lensenmayer
Phenomenal Film Handler

- posted 07-15-2009 10:39 AM      Profile for Mark Lensenmayer   Email Mark Lensenmayer   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
This is from PRINCIPLES OF QUALITY 3D Motion Picture Projection by Chris Condon, given out when Jaws 3-D was demoed in 1983.

Andy Warhols Frankenstein -- .380
Starchaser --(Not listed)
Jaws3d -- .366
Friday13th 3d -- .387
Showgun Women -- Do you mean Shogun Maidens? (Revenge of the 13) -- .374
Treasure of the Four Crowns -- .387

Gordon McLeod
Film God

- posted 07-15-2009 10:45 PM      Profile for Gordon McLeod   Email Gordon McLeod   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
thankyou

Gordon McLeod
Film God

- posted 07-16-2009 01:41 PM      Profile for Gordon McLeod   Email Gordon McLeod   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Were good I get a copy of that article

Hillary Charles
Jedi Master Film Handler

- posted 07-16-2009 04:17 PM      Profile for Hillary Charles   Email Hillary Charles   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Is it the one in the (Miscellaneous) "Manuals" section here on Film-Tech?

Page 36 of that manual has quite a few titles listed with the info you're looking for.

Mark Lensenmayer
Phenomenal Film Handler

- posted 07-16-2009 04:55 PM      Profile for Mark Lensenmayer   Email Mark Lensenmayer   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Yes, it is the same manual. It is listed as Stereovision 3D Principles. It was given out to techs when Jaws 3-D was getting ready to roll out.

Jeffry L. Johnson
Jedi Master Film Handler

- posted 07-17-2009 03:10 PM      Profile for Jeffry L. Johnson   Author's Homepage   Email Jeffry L. Johnson   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
I posted the following to the Usenet newsgroup rec.arts.movies.tech on 2003 October 04.

3-D FILM INFORMATION SHEET
(For choosing the correct lens setting)
The STEREOFLEX "HI-LITE"(tm) and STEREOSTAR(tm) adjustable 3-D projection units will project all of the following films. (Contact us for matching alignment test films.) Compact STEREOVISION(tm) split barrel non-adjustable 3-D lenses can also be supplied for _any_ of these films. Please specify.

35mm 3-D RELEASE PRINTS
ABOVE/BELOW TYPES
ALIGNMENT FILM OPTICAL CENTER SPACING
A/B TYPE .359
"The 3-D Movie" *in production June 1983

A/B TYPE .366
"Jaws 3-D"
"Amityville 3-D" *in production June 1983

A/B TYPE .370-.375
"Comin' At Ya"

A/B TYPE .374
(SAME AS STEREOVISION WIDE SCREEN)
"Swordkill" *in production June 1983
"Hot Heir" *in production June 1983
"Metalstorm" *in production June 1983
"Parasite"
"Rottweiler"
"Revenge of the 13" (Shogun Maidens)
"The Winners" (short)
"Magnificent Guardsmen"
"Emanuelle-4" *in production June 1983
"3-D on Parade" (short)
"Dynasty"
"Wild Ride" (short)
"Hit the Road Running" *in production June 1983
"Rah Rah You're Dead" *in production June 1983
"Pensionatte"
"99 Women" *in production June 1983
"Tales of the Third Dimension" *in production June 1983
"Return of the Living Dead" *in production June 1983
"The Legend of Venus" *in production June 1983
"Dark Zone" *in production June 1983

A/B TYPE .380
"Warhol's Frankenstein"
"Fantastic Invasion" (The Bubble)
"Attack of the Giant Gorilla" (A*P*E)
"Artigato"
"Rock and Roll Hotel" *in production June 1983

A/B TYPE .383
"Love in 3-D"
"Tickled Pink" (What the Butler Saw)
"North and South Chivalry"

A/B TYPE .387
"Spacehunter"
"The Man Who Wasn't There" (Under Pressure) *in production June 1983
"Prison Girls"
"Friday the 13th--Part III"
"Treasure of the Four Crowns"

A/B TYPE .404
"Tiger Man"

CONTACT STEREOVISION INTERNATIONAL, INC. FOR ALIGHMENT LOOPS FOR ANY OF THE ABOVE FILMS. $10.00 EACH WITH CONTAINER. 100 ft. LENGTHS $35.00 (ON PLASTIC CORE).

Julio Roberto
Jedi Master Film Handler

- posted 07-17-2009 06:31 PM      Profile for Julio Roberto     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
For the sake of indexing in the future, it would be good to correct the spelling of "Artigato" for the final title "Domo Arigato". Also, "Magnificent Guardsmen" ended up being better known as "The magnificent Bodyguards".

Below are the films from that list I have not seen. If anyone remembers seeing them, it would be good to know about it.

-"The 3-D Movie" *in production June 1983. I believe this film was never finished/shown outside the producer's circle. Parts of this film have made it around, though.

-"Swordkill" *in production June 1983. This sounds like a Japanese film I may or may not have seen. At that time, I couldn't tell them apart from the chinese [Wink]

-"Rah Rah You're Dead" *in production June 1983. This doesn't rign a bell.

-"Return of the Living Dead" *in production June 1983. Was this ever really re-made in 3D in the 80's? Don't recall. Night of the Living Dead was re-made in 3-D in 2006, but that's the closest thing AFAIK.

-"Dark Zone" *in production June 1983. Again, don't remember seeing this.

-"Rock and Roll Hotel" *in production June 1983. I don't recall seeing this, but I think I read about it somewhere.

-"Tiger Man". Never got my hands on a copy of this or saw it anywhere for that matter (except in literature). It was also advertised as "The Fist" in Europe, I think.

All times are Central (GMT -6:00)  
   Close Topic    Move Topic    Delete Topic    next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To: