Film-Tech Cinema Systems
Film-Tech Forum ARCHIVE

my profile | my password | search | faq & rules | forum home
  next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Film-Tech Forum ARCHIVE   » Operations   » Film Handlers' Forum   » Screwed Public Enemy print (Page 1)

This topic comprises 3 pages: 1  2  3 

Author Topic: Screwed Public Enemy print
Peter Schoell
Film Handler

- posted 07-01-2009 08:35 PM      Profile for Peter Schoell   Email Peter Schoell   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
I've seen a lot of mis-deeds involving film, but this is a new one.
One of our prints of PE came sealed from TES with over 500 little screws loose in the can. Needless to say PE won't play tonight.

-

|  IP: Logged

Greg Anderson
Jedi Master Film Handler

- posted 07-01-2009 09:28 PM      Profile for Greg Anderson   Author's Homepage   Email Greg Anderson   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
This makes absolutely no sense. Who would do such a thing? Why?

Mike Blakesley
Film God

- posted 07-01-2009 10:17 PM      Profile for Mike Blakesley   Author's Homepage   Email Mike Blakesley   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
quote: Peter Schoell
Needless to say PE won't play tonight
I don't understand why 500 screws in a can would make a film unplayable.

Adam Martin
I'm not even gonna point out the irony.

- posted 07-01-2009 10:17 PM      Profile for Adam Martin   Author's Homepage   Email Adam Martin       Edit/Delete Post 
Why would this prevent you from using the print?

Ha! Great minds!

Jarret Chessell
Master Film Handler

- posted 07-01-2009 10:21 PM      Profile for Jarret Chessell   Email Jarret Chessell   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
My guess would be that the print is screwed....

HAPPY CANADA DAY! btw.

Eric Robinson
Jedi Master Film Handler

- posted 07-02-2009 12:39 AM      Profile for Eric Robinson   Email Eric Robinson   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
The screws are likely tightly wedged in some areas. Some of the screws may get damaged when removing the reels.

Monte L Fullmer
Film God

- posted 07-02-2009 12:43 AM      Profile for Monte L Fullmer   Email Monte L Fullmer   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
[Roll Eyes] (Uhhh...tip the can upside down to get the screws out while holding the reels up in the can......)

That's real sad - letting something like that stop one from using the print .....

-Monte

Jeremy Weigel
Phenomenal Film Handler

- posted 07-02-2009 02:37 AM      Profile for Jeremy Weigel   Email Jeremy Weigel   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
With as much shifting those reels do while in transit, the screws could have very well poked holes in the film making it unplayable to some extent. Other than that, I don't see why it couldn't be played.

James Westbrook
Phenomenal Film Handler

- posted 07-02-2009 02:50 AM      Profile for James Westbrook   Email James Westbrook   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Is this some kind of a joke?

Monte L Fullmer
Film God

- posted 07-02-2009 03:32 AM      Profile for Monte L Fullmer   Email Monte L Fullmer   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
(Kinda funny that Peter hasn't responded back to our comments yet...and this was posted in the evening when he should be on screen with this movie...)

Wonder if he's "baiting" us with an idiotic story just to prove a point of sorts that we really don't know what, or why waste our times in the first place.

I've seen this in other forums before: one person comes on with a topic, others chime in to make a tonnage of comments and arguements that pertain to the original topic, or drift off on side topics. Meanwhile, the original OP never pops back on for any sort of comment or rebuttal.

..leaves all who has posted high and dry to look like fools ...

-Monte

Cameron Glendinning
Jedi Master Film Handler

- posted 07-02-2009 05:50 AM      Profile for Cameron Glendinning   Email Cameron Glendinning   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
quote: James Westbrook
Is this some kind of a joke?

I would hope so! Its pretty funny even if it isn't a joke.

Jack Ondracek
Film God

- posted 07-02-2009 06:12 AM      Profile for Jack Ondracek   Author's Homepage   Email Jack Ondracek   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Assuming the print doesn't have a mag track (be sure to check first!) [Razz] A suitable electromagnet or tape cart eraser should pull out the offending metal.

... that print's screwed up!
..... something's screwy here.
....... what screwball would do such a thing?

Timothy Eiler
Expert Film Handler

- posted 07-02-2009 08:10 AM      Profile for Timothy Eiler   Author's Homepage   Email Timothy Eiler   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
quote: Monte L Fullmer
(Kinda funny that Peter hasn't responded back to our comments yet...and this was posted in the evening when he should be on screen with this movie...)
Peter Does have several theatres that are not very close together So He could be traveling between them.

I can see how the screws could do damage to the edge of the print and make certain reels unplayable.

Mark Gulbrandsen
Resident Trollmaster

- posted 07-02-2009 08:15 AM      Profile for Mark Gulbrandsen   Email Mark Gulbrandsen   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
You paid your TES bill... right...

Peter Schoell
Film Handler

- posted 07-02-2009 12:01 PM      Profile for Peter Schoell   Email Peter Schoell   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
In response to Monte. Not all of us have time to spend online. If i could ever work just a 40 hour week, I'd be on FN vacation!
I only posted this photo to see if anyone else got the same treatment.
I've had intentional sabotage before, but only when the print has come from another theatre.
Some of you are correct, the screws did puncture the film, also my manager.
The screws were of a specialized nature, and TES says they don't have screws like that in their facility. They have no idea how the screws got in the can. Universal Is quite concerned
Now here's some baiting for ya. My first theory is the screws were place by the film handle's equivalent of a cyber hacker, somebody with way too much time on their hands. Or somebody who sells padlocks for film cans. Look at the huge industry that grew from the Tylenol tampering incident.
So Monte, I'm sure you will have plenty of responses, don' feel offended if I don't reply for a while, 6 months maybe.

All times are Central (GMT -6:00)
This topic comprises 3 pages: 1  2  3 

Close Topic    Move Topic    Delete Topic    next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To: