Film-Tech Cinema Systems
Film-Tech Forum ARCHIVE

my profile | my password | search | faq & rules | forum home
  next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Film-Tech Forum ARCHIVE   » Operations   » Film Handlers' Forum   » Adverts

Author Topic: Adverts
Burleigh Ibbott
Film Handler

- posted 06-11-2009 06:00 PM      Profile for Burleigh Ibbott   Email Burleigh Ibbott   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
I get my ads from DCM and for the Terminator 4 film they gave me 20 adverts. 13.52secs long i recall being the owner too that they said i never get more than 14 mins of adverts. But woe and behold there was the "Guitar Hero Metalica" advert put in that was not on the list. Is this a common thing happening?

Burleigh

|  IP: Logged

Matt Skilton
Film Handler

- posted 06-12-2009 10:24 AM      Profile for Matt Skilton   Author's Homepage   Email Matt Skilton   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Sometimes you do get adverts in sets that are not listed. This is either because they're late additions and/or someone has made a mistake. In these cases it's best to contact the suppliers and confirm whether it's meant to be in there or not. Adverts do get audited and there's always potential for trouble if something is missing or not meant to be there.
Our ad sets last week were ridiculously long too.

Scott Christopher
Film Handler

- posted 06-12-2009 06:52 PM      Profile for Scott Christopher   Email Scott Christopher   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
So you get your ad's already put together? ready to run? Gee, we have to move individual ad's from film to film every week. Then put them back in the original film the week after. Very annoying.

I would be happy in your situation and not care about an extra ad'. Just call them if you're concerned - they'd have a better idea than us, who would probably be guessing anyway.

Jonathan Althaus
Master Film Handler

- posted 06-12-2009 07:48 PM      Profile for Jonathan Althaus   Email Jonathan Althaus   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Soooooooo glad we're digital ads now.

Geena Phillips
Expert Film Handler

- posted 06-14-2009 09:20 PM      Profile for Geena Phillips   Author's Homepage   Email Geena Phillips   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
I hate rolling-stock ads with the white-hot fury of a thousand suns.

Burleigh Ibbott
Film Handler

- posted 06-28-2009 01:46 PM      Profile for Burleigh Ibbott   Email Burleigh Ibbott   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Many thanks Scott
Yes we get out ads already set for a certain film but you still have to chack them before you add it to a film because some ads are put in tail out.

All times are Central (GMT -6:00)  
   Close Topic    Move Topic    Delete Topic    next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To: