Film-Tech Cinema Systems
Film-Tech Forum ARCHIVE

my profile | my password | search | faq & rules | forum home
  next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Film-Tech Forum ARCHIVE   » Operations   » Film Handlers' Forum   » Charlie Wolk passed this week....

Author Topic: Charlie Wolk passed this week....
John Eickhof
Jedi Master Film Handler

- posted 05-15-2009 06:46 PM      Profile for John Eickhof   Author's Homepage   Email John Eickhof   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
It is with sadness that I announce that Charles Wolk passed away this last Tuesday in Chicago. I received the information by Email from his long time companion Delphine. Another great icon has gone by. Charlie was a close personal friend of mine and was instrumental in getting many small dealers like myself started in the business. I will miss him.

Here is the Obtuary from the Chicago Tribune:
Charles Wolk, passed away peacefully on May 12. He lived a long, full, happy life! Loving father of Leonard Mitchell (Lisa) Wolk and Eddi Lynn Wolk; best friend and longtime companion to Delphine Keinigsberg; dear brother of Beverly (the late Dick) Rosen. Memorial service Friday, May 15, 2009, 11 a.m., at Temple Sholom OIF Chicago, 3480 N. Lake Shore Drive, Chicago. In lieu of flowers, donations may be made to the Northwestern Memorial Hospice Program, 676 N. St. Clair, Suite 720, Chicago, IL 60611, or to the charity of the donor's choice. For information: Westlawn Jewish Funerals, Gregory J. Lindeman, Funeral Director 773-625-8600.

|  IP: Logged

Clint Koch
Phenomenal Film Handler

- posted 05-15-2009 07:05 PM      Profile for Clint Koch   Email Clint Koch   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
I got this e-mail yesterday...

I am very saddened to inform you that former President of the ICTA, Charles Wolk passed away peacefully on May 12th.

Charlie, as we all knew him, was a jolly and happy person. He was ever-present at ICTA Conventions with the camera around his neck and Delphine Keinigsberg on his arm. He will be sorely missed.

Our condolences go to Delphine and his daughters Lisa and Eddi.

A memorial service will be held on Friday, May 15th at 11:00 AM at Temple Shilom of Chicago, 3480 N. Lake Shore Drive.

In lieu of flowers, donations may be made to the Northwestern Memorial Hospice Program, 676 N. St. Clair, Suite 720, Chicago, IL 60601.

RIP
Clint

Robert E. Allen
Phenomenal Film Handler

- posted 05-15-2009 07:29 PM      Profile for Robert E. Allen   Email Robert E. Allen   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
And another piece of history passes. God must have enough up there now to start His own chain and keep it supplied with parts. RIP.

Mark Gulbrandsen
Resident Trollmaster

- posted 05-15-2009 08:36 PM      Profile for Mark Gulbrandsen   Email Mark Gulbrandsen   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
RIP Charlie.... I enjoyed the times going rummaging through your place and the good eats at Manny's!!

Mark

Richard Fowler
Film God

- posted 05-16-2009 02:21 AM      Profile for Richard Fowler   Email Richard Fowler   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
My partner and I are greatly sadden since he was a one of a kind person. I had known him for fourty years and was a good sounding board about the business. He had me join ITEA to prove to me that my concepts where equal or better than normal....his visits to Florida, to our exhibits and job-sites, our visit to his Chicago high rise condo are all positive experiences.

Louis Bornwasser
Film God

- posted 05-16-2009 06:34 AM      Profile for Louis Bornwasser   Author's Homepage   Email Louis Bornwasser   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Outgoing, lovely man! Sorely missed. Had a good time at his 80th birthday party.

His Wabash Avenue location must have been the inspiration for the "droid dealer's storeroom." Never have I seen such a collection of flotsam and jetsum of obsolete equipment. Louis

Dick Prather
Master Film Handler

- posted 05-16-2009 08:26 PM      Profile for Dick Prather   Email Dick Prather   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Charlie was a good friend. Visited with him many times here and in Chicago and enjoyed them all. I was another small dealer that bought parts from him. He will be missed.

Charlie Wolk - R.I.P. My Friend

Tony Bandiera Jr
Film God

- posted 05-18-2009 03:08 PM      Profile for Tony Bandiera Jr   Email Tony Bandiera Jr   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Very sad news indeed. I had spoken to him on the phone many years ago while tracking down some obscure parts. A very kind and helpful man, also a genius at machining parts. I wish I could have met him in person. RIP.

All times are Central (GMT -6:00)  
   Close Topic    Move Topic    Delete Topic    next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To: