Film-Tech Cinema Systems
Film-Tech Forum ARCHIVE

my profile | my password | search | faq & rules | forum home
  next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Film-Tech Forum ARCHIVE   » Operations   » Film Handlers' Forum   » Cinemeccanica Victoria 5 with ZENITH X2000H schematic needed (Page 1)

This topic comprises 2 pages: 1  2 

Author Topic: Cinemeccanica Victoria 5 with ZENITH X2000H schematic needed
Marin Zorica
Jedi Master Film Handler

- posted 04-01-2009 05:36 PM      Profile for Marin Zorica   Email Marin Zorica   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
HI!

I have two VIC 5's with X2000H lamp houses dating about 1977-1984 or so, so I would need schematic of machine and if possible schematic of interconnection to it like mains supply, changeover and so. This is made for European market, so 220/380 V 50Hz....

Tried in manual section, but only part list is available.

tnx!

|  IP: Logged

Christos Mitsakis
Expert Film Handler

- posted 04-02-2009 12:29 PM      Profile for Christos Mitsakis   Email Christos Mitsakis   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Marin,
The lamphouse's manual should be here in film-tech's manual library. For the Vic5 try also here:
http://www.mathisecross.nl/manuals/index.html

I do have a 10Mb manual that looks more than a maintenance manual. I can email it to you if that is what you want. No connections diagram though in it. I have to look harder.
Christos.

Marin Zorica
Jedi Master Film Handler

- posted 04-02-2009 02:18 PM      Profile for Marin Zorica   Email Marin Zorica   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
The lamphouse isn't problem, also head and all other things are not.....only diagram I searching is interfacing projectors for changeover and main connection.

If you have, I will now send you mail on PM so you can send it there,

tnx!.

Demetris Thoupis
Phenomenal Film Handler

- posted 04-03-2009 01:55 AM      Profile for Demetris Thoupis   Email Demetris Thoupis   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Remove the jumper from pins 22 & 23
Connect pin 22 from Proj 1 to 27 of Proj 2
Connect pin 23 from Proj 1 to 26 of Proj 2
Connect pin 26 from Proj 1 to 23 of Proj 2
Connect pin 27 from Proj 1 to 22 of Proj 2

The logic is that when you press the dowser up button, the dowser is released on the second projector and vice versa. Note that if you have a faulty dowser button on any of the projectors, one dowser or the other will not work. As far as the power connections, I remember they are on the three or four very bottom right pins but I don't recall the actual connections.

Hope the above helps.
Demetris

Marin Zorica
Jedi Master Film Handler

- posted 04-03-2009 05:18 AM      Profile for Marin Zorica   Email Marin Zorica   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Yea, it helps if it will work [Wink]

Jarret Chessell
Master Film Handler

- posted 04-06-2009 01:09 AM      Profile for Jarret Chessell   Email Jarret Chessell   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
If possible you could always try to get a different lamp house. This model isn't that bad, but drives me nuts some days [Smile] (lamp replacements at 1am are just annoying with it - you'd never guess what i did tonight)

Demetris Thoupis
Phenomenal Film Handler

- posted 04-06-2009 12:56 PM      Profile for Demetris Thoupis   Email Demetris Thoupis   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Actually the ZX2000H Lamphouses give quite a good light for a medium/small screen. Coupled with the original pedestal of a V5 it gives perfect alignments. I would recommend replacing the Cinemeccanica igniter with an IREM one for various reasons (not that the Cinemeccanica won't work).
Demetris

Ian Parfrey
Phenomenal Film Handler

From: Imbil Australia 26 deg 27' 42.66" S 152 deg 42' 23.40" E

- posted 04-06-2009 04:05 PM      Profile for Ian Parfrey   Email Ian Parfrey   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Dimitris.
Im interested to hear your reasons for changing the Cinemeccanica ignitor for an Irem. I'm currently rebuilding a Cinemeccanica X 400 and am thinking along the same lines.

Cheers
Ian

Marin Zorica
Jedi Master Film Handler

- posted 04-07-2009 05:29 PM      Profile for Marin Zorica   Email Marin Zorica   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
quote:
If possible you could always try to get a different lamp house. This model isn't that bad, but drives me nuts some days [Smile] (lamp replacements at 1am are just annoying with it - you'd never guess what i did tonight)
Why?? I unscrew old, and screw new in 5 min?

Ian Parfrey
Phenomenal Film Handler

From: Imbil Australia 26 deg 27' 42.66" S 152 deg 42' 23.40" E

- posted 04-07-2009 07:41 PM      Profile for Ian Parfrey   Email Ian Parfrey   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Marin.
I agree. I think the Cinemeccanica lamphouses come in for undue criticism. Ive found them reliable and with good to great light output and easy to service.

BTW, thanks for the contacts regards the auxilliary mirrors. They arrived and I am very happy with them.

Ian.

Jarret Chessell
Master Film Handler

- posted 04-07-2009 09:53 PM      Profile for Jarret Chessell   Email Jarret Chessell   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
First off, I'm not bashing all Cinemeccanica lamp houses. However, this model we are discussing in this thread I find frustrating. I have had this conversation with Gord, and I agree that you can make them look great if you take your time and have patience. The downside is that when you're changing the lamp you have to swivel out the reflector to get the space to actually remove the old lamp (the fact that the lamp house is this tight of a fit bothers me at 1am [Smile] ) So... after you swivel it back, the reflector isn't usually exactly where it was before you moved it (sometimes you get lucky). So the issue is when you try to realign the lamp. I simply feel that this lamp house isn't as well thought out as other cinemeccanica's. It is an alright setup, my first post under the thread was agreeably fueled by my frustrations with it that night [Razz]

Demetris Thoupis
Phenomenal Film Handler

- posted 04-08-2009 04:25 AM      Profile for Demetris Thoupis   Email Demetris Thoupis   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
So you want a magician to simply replace the lamp and you have nothing to do with it!! [Big Grin] Just kidding. They are good lamphouses with good ventilation (although from the looks of it seems that it might be lacking). Now regarding the igniter, Cinemeccanica today uses IREM igniters. They are small, robust, easy to connect, they offer automatic as well as manual ignition. With the Cinemeccanica igniter you needed to add a certain board (I don't recall the schematic but I have it somewhere I think) to incorporate automatic ignition of the bulb (not that that is a problem). I had one failure of a certain part of the Cinemeccanica igniter over the years but nothing else to justify. Also in the Z2000H is wise to check the inlet limit switch which will allow the lamp to switch on. Sometimes dirt catches up in there and the limit switch does not Open/Close as it should. One last thing is to make sure that the lamps' cable is not very near to the shutter of the lamphouse. I've had a projectionist once replace a lamp and kept telling me it wouldn't strike. I opened the lamphouse shutter and the lamp ignited fine and then realinged the lamp with no problems. So Marin did you actually manage the changeover or not yet?

Marin Zorica
Jedi Master Film Handler

- posted 04-08-2009 08:28 AM      Profile for Marin Zorica   Email Marin Zorica   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
I will install that pair in end of week, still waiting for interior stuff to be done there, then I will check C/O :-)

But you did give good point, since I did get mailed schematic from cinemec and is same as you writhed.

Louis Bornwasser
Film God

- posted 04-10-2009 08:22 AM      Profile for Louis Bornwasser   Author's Homepage   Email Louis Bornwasser   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
The autostrike circuit requires a 48 volt relay and any zener diode between 40 and 50 volts. Louis

Marin Zorica
Jedi Master Film Handler

- posted 04-10-2009 05:03 PM      Profile for Marin Zorica   Email Marin Zorica   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Installed VIC's today, Demetris schematic is working, fan in lamphouse don't, need repair [Razz] [beer]

All times are Central (GMT -6:00)
This topic comprises 2 pages: 1  2 

Close Topic    Move Topic    Delete Topic    next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To: