Film-Tech Cinema Systems
Film-Tech Forum ARCHIVE

my profile | my password | search | faq & rules | forum home
  next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Film-Tech Forum ARCHIVE   » Operations   » Film Handlers' Forum   » DTS Trailer Disks

Author Topic: DTS Trailer Disks
Thomas Moore
Film Handler

- posted 03-21-2009 05:47 PM      Profile for Thomas Moore   Author's Homepage   Email Thomas Moore   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Who exactly do i contact to get on the mailing list for updated trailer disks? [beer]

|  IP: Logged

Monte L Fullmer
Film God

- posted 03-21-2009 10:03 PM      Profile for Monte L Fullmer   Email Monte L Fullmer   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Call 1-800-99FILMS (993-4567). Give them your acc't or theatre name and address and they could possibly get you set up for trailer disc shipment.

Good luck-Monte

Jeremy Weigel
Phenomenal Film Handler

- posted 03-21-2009 10:30 PM      Profile for Jeremy Weigel   Email Jeremy Weigel   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
DTS Trailer Department
1-818-706-3525

Daniel Schulz
Master Film Handler

- posted 03-21-2009 11:41 PM      Profile for Daniel Schulz   Author's Homepage   Email Daniel Schulz   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
The number listed above is for DTS, Inc. which is no longer in the cinema business (consumer electronics only).

The number for DTS Digital Cinema is 818-401-4300. Or you can send an email to postproduction@dtsdcinema.com and my department will set you up.

Thanks,

Dan

Monte L Fullmer
Film God

- posted 03-22-2009 12:21 AM      Profile for Monte L Fullmer   Email Monte L Fullmer   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Good to know. thx for these updated nos. for future information..

Marin Zorica
Jedi Master Film Handler

- posted 03-23-2009 07:49 AM      Profile for Marin Zorica   Email Marin Zorica   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Can they do something also about film disc? As regularly here we don't get disc with prints. What do you think, should I contact distributor here, or to contact international distributor??

Jim Cassedy
Phenomenal Film Handler

- posted 03-23-2009 12:37 PM      Profile for Jim Cassedy   Email Jim Cassedy   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Karen Hultgren was the person I spoke to to get
on the trailer disk mailing list.

You can e-mail her directly at: karen.hultgren[at]dtsdcinema.com
Be prepeared to provide the model & serial numbers for your
DTS units if this is a new subscription.

Other DTS Contact Numbers Are:
 -
This list was current as of January Y2k9

Tyler Potts
Expert Film Handler

- posted 03-23-2009 09:59 PM      Profile for Tyler Potts   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Is anyone else getting their DTS trailer discs in a simple brown envelope with a couple of stamps thrown on? January it was a white/blue/red USPS envelope stamped postage, now it resembles something my grandmother sends me. Anyone else getting this?

Jeremy Weigel
Phenomenal Film Handler

- posted 03-23-2009 11:04 PM      Profile for Jeremy Weigel   Email Jeremy Weigel   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Yep. Doesn't bother me as long as I get discs on time and in playable condition.

Sean Kapp
Film Handler

- posted 03-24-2009 12:03 PM      Profile for Sean Kapp   Email Sean Kapp   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
My contact at DTS is Stacy Williamson. She set us up for the trailer disc distribution list last May and is very friendly and helpful. She can be reached directly at stacey.williamson (at) dtsdcinema.com

We to are now getting the plain brown envelopes instead of the Red White and Blue USPS ones. All work the same in the end.

John B. Keathley
Film Handler

- posted 03-24-2009 05:23 PM      Profile for John B. Keathley   Email John B. Keathley   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Anyone getting DTS disks with Technicolor prints with the disks in a plastic case that had become crushed in the can because it was stuffed between two reels?

Geena Phillips
Expert Film Handler

- posted 03-24-2009 07:44 PM      Profile for Geena Phillips   Author's Homepage   Email Geena Phillips   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
It's because the shipper is turning the goddamned cans on their sides. DHL did it constantly; now that the worst shipper in the country has stopped operating in America, and Technicolor has switched to the second-worst shipper in the country, you'll get more of the same from UPS.

John Hawkinson
Film God

- posted 03-24-2009 09:46 PM      Profile for John Hawkinson   Email John Hawkinson   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
If turning cans on the side crushes the discs, that is not UPS's fault. That is the fault of the shipper.

--jhawk

Monte L Fullmer
Film God

- posted 03-25-2009 01:33 AM      Profile for Monte L Fullmer   Email Monte L Fullmer   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
I've replaced a few TECH discs shattered due to the crushing and when I called for replacement, I gave them the tip to put the cases in that 'spacer reel' so the cases don't get all smashed..

...seems to work afterwards, but now noticed that TECH isn't doing the 'spacer reel' thingey anymore - I get a 6 reel film, it comes in two-three reel cans...no more 3 and 4 reel can with 'spacer' reels...and the cases wedged in between the reels..

This is where ETS (DFS) get's the thumbs up on this for my shipments-even with those danged 'fox boxes': rarely a busted case or discs with their shipments. Reels may flop around in the containers, but the cases can easily survive this sort ot treatment.

quote: Sean Kapp
We to are now getting the plain brown envelopes instead of the Red White and Blue USPS ones. All work the same in the end.

Those Red,white and blue envelopes are Priority Mail envelopes which cost TECH $4.95 to ship. Now, with the plain CD envelopes, the postage dropped considerably to $1.20 1st class-which is basically the same kind of service as with Priority Mail .. big savings for them in shipping costs..

..and if you look closely, a lot of times, the stamps aren't cancelled and can be saved for reuse..

All times are Central (GMT -6:00)  
   Close Topic    Move Topic    Delete Topic    next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To: