Film-Tech Cinema Systems
Film-Tech Forum ARCHIVE

my profile | my password | search | faq & rules | forum home
  next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Film-Tech Forum ARCHIVE   » Operations   » Film Handlers' Forum   » Strong simplex millennium Maintenance

Author Topic: Strong simplex millennium Maintenance
Mike Moreno
Expert Film Handler

- posted 02-14-2009 12:45 PM      Profile for Mike Moreno   Author's Homepage   Email Mike Moreno   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
we have some STRONG consoles and projectors specific simplex millennium projectors and I know that on maintenance I have to replace the oil, Pressure Straps and motor bands.

My question is what else does it has to be replaced during maintenance?
Do I have to change something inside the mechanism?

and somebody can tell me how tu upload pictures here?

thanks

|  IP: Logged

Monte L Fullmer
Film God

- posted 02-14-2009 12:53 PM      Profile for Monte L Fullmer   Email Monte L Fullmer   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
You pretty well hit it with the routine maintenance list there since these units are sturdy units.

Leave the inside alone when it comes to a routine maintenance thing. You should add daily cleaning to the list.

When you click on the link below the reply box that you typed you message in, there will be instructions on how to upload images. Follow them to the letter, or it will not work.

Good luck-Monte

Mike Moreno
Expert Film Handler

- posted 02-14-2009 01:03 PM      Profile for Mike Moreno   Author's Homepage   Email Mike Moreno   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
thanks for the answer Mr.Mont.

this projectors are like 10 years old, and the last mont we have a problen inside one of the projectors, the G-1836 Main Drive Shaft & Gear (51-52005, the gear was broken and the material looks like it has a period of life. do you thik that would be necesary to check those parts every year?

Monte L Fullmer
Film God

- posted 02-14-2009 06:36 PM      Profile for Monte L Fullmer   Email Monte L Fullmer   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
You can always do a check by looking through the rear door plexiglass and see if things are getting lubed, but as long as you keep the oil level correct and changed every half year, you'll be okey.

Sounds like the unit got starved of oil to destroy the main drive gear if you say that was replaced.

But, if the oil that comes out of the upper tube looks like it's barely coming out and you have correct oil level, (level should be just below the top in the circular sight glass in the front of the frame..) the filter screen at the bottom of the pump is prob clogged up - maybe why you had that intermittent assembly drive gear problem.

good luck-Monte

All times are Central (GMT -6:00)  
   Close Topic    Move Topic    Delete Topic    next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To: